Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifting belts

Certainly not needed. They can be helpful though. A lifting belt in and off itself does nothing. When you brace your core to deadlift or squat etc. you exert pressure on your abs and core muscles to make your torso rigid. A snuggly warm belt gives your core muscle something to push back against allowing you to maintain greater pressure (but is useless if worn passively). It acts sort of like the metal bands around a wooden barrel.

They are not needed. If you don't need to use them, I wouldn't use them.
Having a strong core is only a plus.

FUCK NO. I have written about my feelings for belts, wraps, straps, gloves, etc. on here for years.

great way to create imbalances. the guys who walk around the gym wearing a belt their entire workout cause 'my back hurts' are only making the problem worse

learn to lift raw and proper

same goes for running. i am 100% for running barefoot on grass vs. running in shoes on a treadmill for example. why? because you learn how to run PROPERLY when you do it my way. when you run on treadmills you heel strike, which is incorrect and will lead to injuries

They are not needed. If you don't need to use them, I wouldn't use them.
Having a strong core is only a plus.
Totally agree with this. Don't use a belt for your lighter working sets. You're only robbing yourself of strengthening your core. Only use them for your heaviest sets (if you have to) to allow you to push a little further.

Top Bottom