Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lifting after lumbar fusion

otsjacked

anyone else had a fusion iam 14 months post L5-s1 fusion still in alot of pain been back in the gym for 3 months doc told me i would never lift over 50lbs again which is bull shit bc before the surgery i was told i would be good as new in 6 month which was not case took about 9 months to be able to walk for more then 40 min .. anyone else return to lifting after fusion?

Really inspiring. I have been fortunate enough to not have any serious injuries but I give huge props to the guys who come back after a serious injury like you had.

Just be careful and take it easy. You are going to be at high risk to re-injure the area again.

I have six ruptured discs that I know about, possibly more by now. All from training for extreme periods under extreme loads for many years. Never had any surgeries. However, after my first 2 ruptures in the thoracic spine, the therapist told me my days were numbered and that I wouldnt lift again.

They always say that bullshit to cover thier asses. It means nothing. My uncle was a mass monster, hes in late 50s now. He had major damage to his spine through a car accident and ruptures from training over the years. Still KILLS THAT SHIT.

You just have to adapt by finding movements that you can do with minimal pain, when the time is right to train again. I waited 2 years after my initial ruptures. I had a pinch in my spine between shoulder blades when contracted. I also would strain my entire back when I would try to train again. That pinched feeling eventually subsided and I got back into training 2 years later.

Once you find the movements you can do, you can destroy the fuck out of them. I use alot of machines currently but even on shoulder press machines I load up 7 plates a side for reps and dropset down, 1 plate at a time. I treat every movement equal. With equal intensity, pushing limits. You just have to listen to your body when a movement doesnt feel right. Even if you are limited to one or two movements for a muscle you can build that up to extreme levels. Over time you may find you are strong in many other movements and start adding them back as well. Core strength is essential. Weighted core work, when you can do it, can be extremelty useful for making up for that spinal damage. Keeping the abs contracted during all movements. Like a second spine.

I currently have no issues with getting larger and stronger after 21 years of training. Ive learned to take long breaks from time to time to keep shit rolling. Sometimes several months or longer. With muscle memory it all comes back. Never a need to rush through the process.

KILL THAT SHIT !!

Top Bottom