Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Lifter's Iron Log...

On a side note alot of people drop out of rangers, bud/s training do to nasty blisters and thigh rash. It can be ignored and toughed through up to a point, but then you risk infection or serious skin damage with chafing.

I know alot of guys have had to be pulled out of this type of training not because they quit, but because they were medically forced to.

If you can hike every weekend in addition to 3-5 days a week of jogging your gonna be in fantastic shape for boot camp.

8-10-2010

Barbell Full Squat 135x5, 175x5, 205x5, 235x5, 265x5 felt decent

Bench Press 135x5, 160x5, 185x5, 210x5, 235x6 I asked a guy for a spot today because my left upper/outer pec was feeling pretty tight on my sets and just in case it hindered me on the bench I wanted a spot. I could ab roll the weight off if I wanted to, but wasn't in the mood for possibly having to do that today. I tell him not to touch the bar and of course at the first sign of serious effort on rep 4 he grabs it. I do 5 solo then he grabs it. Now I had told him I planned on doing 5 reps so this is understandable, but after making my 4th questionable I had to do one more. Felt like he added 10-15 help on the 6th even though I'm pretty confident I could have done 6 solo. godamn spotters, finding a decent spotter is tough

Pendlay Row 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 175x5+1+1, got 5 in a row and then rested a sec inbetween 6th and 7th reps, gonna do this weight 1 more workout so I absolutely own those 5 reps, then I'll go up.

Stair Calf Raises 70lbs DB 15,15,13,10 good burn, for some reason higher rep burnouts on calves and forearms are really intense for me physically. Not in the same sense as a hard set of squats, but still painful.

One Arm DB Sidebends 75x12 good reps

Didn't bother weighing myself today. I'm not particularly concerned with gaining weight atm so long as my strength keeps going up.

Good workouts. I always find the biggest guy to spot me and tell him straight up I dont want you to touch the bar at all. They understand, its the average joe guys that automaticallly spot me on the 1st rep that gets me so fckin mad, i gotta waste my breath during the lift to tell him not to touch it, then mygroove is all fucked up lol

8-12-2010

Barbell Full Squat 135x5, 175x5, 200x5, 225x5 Brought my grip back in to where I initially had it. Over the last two months I have widened it by a couple of inches and I definitely prefer the old grip. I get super tight retraction with it.

Seated Behind Neck Press 95x5, 115x5 and stopped, felt like a change from standing barbell press today. Shoulders were fine on these light presses, but I sure remember why I stopped doing them a long time ago. One minor fuck up and stray back too far and pop goes the shoulder!

Standing DB Press 65's x3, 70's x3, 75's x5 was pretty happy with this, first real db presses in months. Also cleaned the 75's extremely easily. Got to be the heavy rowing.

Deadlift 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5 good sets

Chinups 4,4,3,3,3 bodyweight

Incline Situp Weight behind head 20lbs x5,4 I used a different situp bench today and had a steeper angle than usual

Felt pretty solid in the workout all and all. I was pretty relaxed the whole time.

Decided to weigh myself. Even though I'm not concerned about gaining weight I don't feel like dropping under 225 atm. Scale will let me know if I'm eating enough.

Bodyweight 227lbs

8-14-2010

Barbell Full Squat 135x5, 180x5, 210x5, 240x5, 275x3, 225x9 felt solid, just realized I have been squatting with the bar tilted down to the right a little because I am squatting with a neutral head position. I will keep an eye on that from now on.

Bench Press 135x5, 160x5, 185x5, 215x5, 240x3, 220x8 good sets

One Arm DB Row 60x5, 70x5, 80x5, 90x5, 115x4, 100x6+1+1 felt strong, grip is improving.

Stairwell Calf Raise 80lbs DB 15,13,13,14 good pump and burn, learned a little trick to hit the contraction abit different by bending down abit almost like you are going to do a sissy squat. Feels good.

Lying ab work giant set 20 leg raises-20 scissors-20 flutter kicks, rest, 10 leg raises and called it good. I feel these alot in the lower abs and surprisingly in the aductors.

Good workout. Strength is steadily climbing.

Bodyweight 227lbs.

8-17-2010

Barbell Full Squat 135x5, 170x5, 205x5x3, 275x3-4x1, 325x1

Talked to the powerlifters in my gym. Every time I think I got my squat form nailed they give me a reality check. The 325 felt like a joke as I dropped it into the hole. I was a lil slow coming up past the sticking point as well as descending, but then blew through it. Really wasn't even trying that hard. I would guess I can max 350 atm raw and probably 385 in a belt. Not bad for 2.5 months back into it. I haven't been flaring my toes enough nor have I been allowing my pelvis/tailbone to natural tuck a little in the hole. I've been keeping too rigid in the hips and combined with the too little toe flare have been putting excess stress on my patellar tendon. I love those powerlifters. They know their fuckin shit. Also brought my grip out wider.

Bench Press 135x5, 165x5, 190x5, 215x5, 240x5 easily had 1 more on top set, maybe 2 reps

Pendlay Row 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 175x5+1+1 I'll stay at this weight until I'm totally satisfied with my reps. Even as my one arm db rows keep going up lol. BB row is definitely harder imho.

One Arm DB Sidebend 85x12 np

Seated Calf Raises and machine calf raises somewhere around 7-10 sets total

4 laps around gym, 10 minutes easy on stationary bike.

Bodyweight 228lbs

good workout

nice stuff man! I've never heard of a belt giving 35 lbs of extra strength though. I get maybe 10-15 on squats and nothing on deadlifts

Alot of guys can pull 50lbs from it. 35lbs atm is just a guess.

Your back muscles while squatting are likely to give out or restrict the max weight you can lift versus your hips, glutes and legs.

You create a great deal of pressurization from a properly worn belt. Far more than you can generate just by sucking in air and tightening your abs because you can push your abs into the belt and kind of super charge your mid-section.

I'll get 35-50lbs on a deadlift because of this pressurization because it's so tense that it reinforces my back. It takes more weight to round it out so to speak. Most lifting gear reinforces weak points in the body and boost strength in the weak points. Belts besides protection also accomplish this because when you have weight on your back your weak point is going to be your back after the knee joints.

I train around national level powerlifters. One of them is a bench press record holder and a couple guys bench over 500. They wear belts on max bench lifts for the same reason I believe. They can get super tight in the midsection from a strong arch and pressing the abs into the belt.

I don't know what kind of belts you use. If it's a typical flanged leather belt it's utter crap. A thick, heavy duty powerlifting belt you cinch up snug, but not so tight that you can't take air into your stomach to pressurize yourself. This is hard or impossible to do with most crap ass gym belts.

Depending on your leverages and height a belt might do next to nothing for you as you say.

Top Bottom