Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Lifter's Iron Log...

Stevesmi - I workout at home and do my chinups at a local playground with monkey bars. At home I have a 4x4 steel post anchored to my wall that I can attach my dipping bar to, 3 kettlebells 35lbs, 53lbs, 70lbs, a 35lbs dumbell, a dipping belt, and about 95lbs of olympic plates.

I do hill sprints once a week now. My thighs were getting stiff doing them twice a week. A lot more explosive power now on them. The only thing I feel like I'm really missing is the Barbell Stiff-legged Deadlift on a block for overall back/glute/ham thickness/power. I have very good leg genetics, so literally the sprints alone keep them decent. Right now my thighs are 23.5" measured midway up from the knee unflexed/unpumped, and my calves are roughly 16".

Chinups have become one of my favorite exercises. I started off doing 2 reps with bodyweight only, barely touching my chin with the bar. Now I don't count the reps unless the backs of my hands touch top of sternum - which I noticed really brings the rear delts into play at the last 5% of the movement.

Even when my gym is open full time, my workout would use the basics:

Weighted Dips
Weighted Chinups
Standing Press
Chest Press of some kind
Row
Barbell Stiff-legged Deadlift on block
Squat of some type/leg press/lunges
Calf Raise
Read delt exercises
curl
tricep extension

That's about it. 1-3 sets each unless doing more volume like 5x5, 4x8, 6x6 or something. I usually prefer my main working set to go to failure, then 1-2 sets after with less weight to failure depending on my energy and how thoroughly cooked the muscle feels.

thanks for the kind words.

6-22-2020

Bodyweight 193.6lbs

Weighted Dips BW +44lbs x9; BW +29lbs x7; BW x8
One Arm KB Row 70lbs x5,5,5,5,13

Was a long day and tired so that was it. Felt strong though.

6-27-2020

Joined a gym within a couple of miles of me. One of the few open where I live.

Took an Inbody scan.

Bodyweight 197.7lbs (t-shirt, undies and jeans on)
Bodyfat % 12.5lbs

I'm not buying me being 12.5% bodyfat. My eye is too trained to buy that. That said, I don't like mentioning my bodyfat often just based on what I see in the mirror - though I am my own worst critic.

I would bet that my actual bodyfat is around 14-15% bodyfat. It's hard to say because I have minor striations in the delts when flexing them, as well as the lower triceps - but I hold most of my fat in the lower abs, love handles and ass.

I'm also holding some water subcutaneously from the testosterone.

I was pleased with getting a better idea of what my eye was telling me - because the lighting in my bathroom absolutely sucks. So I'm gonna go with 15% as what my bodyfat likely is.

My goal is 210lbs, 10-12% bodyfat at 5'8.5" tall. Something I can maintain without being too obsessive about my diet. I eat REALLY well, but I eat a couple cheat meals a week on average to keep me sane.

I might be willing to go as high as 225lbs in bodyweight IF I don't look the way I want to by 210lbs.

6-29-2020

Bodyweight 195.2lbs

12 hour day at work today - no excuses.

Barbell Neck Press 95x6x6
Powerlift style Bench 135x1, 155x1, 185x1
Bodybuilding Bench Press 155x8-10

Hammer Incline Press 90x14
Dumbell Bench 40's x13-14

I haven't benched in I don't know how long. Probably could have maxed 205lbs.

I don't like bench powerlifting style - sucks for chest development. I don't like the Hammer machine that much.

I love weighted dips and the Barbell Neck Press (Vince Gironda)

Unfortunately my new gym has everything I need EXCEPT some decent angled dipping bars. So I'm going to do my dips at home on chest day, then drive to the gym and do the Barbell Neck Presses.

Heavy on the dips, absolutely NO EGO on the Barbell Neck Press, and build it up 10lbs a week until it starts to feel heavy, then drop it to 2.5lbs to 1.25lbs per week. I really love the stretch I get in the pecs and the contraction, even with a wide grip - but these will snap city the shoulders if you get sloppy with them.

Great pump in the shoulders, good pump in the chest, great pump in the triceps.

6-30-2020

Bodyweight 194.6lbs

Barbell Sitfflegged Deadlift on block 185x17
Weighted Chinup BW X35lbs x4; BW x6
Closegrip Cable Row 100x17+; 70x17-18
Stiffarm Cable Pressdown 2 sets of 10. Forgot the weight. Tried to do a set of DB Pullovers but my left lower ab felt really tense/tight. I used a dumbell between the legs on my chinups, and did sorta knee ups as I did my reps. Think my lower ab was complaining with the stretch from the DB Pullover.

Good pump.

Top Bottom