Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Lifter's Iron Log...

So, I have been logged in as Greystone lately because I couldn't remember my old password and my old e-mail got wiped because I haven't used it in 3+ years. I just now decided to try again and use a password that I swear I tried before and couldn't log in. So GSM is back officially lol. Schweeeet.

hey bro, i dont check up in here very often because i stopped working out like you. Once I had my 2 boys, I pretty much got out of the habit of working out. They are 3 and 1, so they are a handful. But my buddy is moving down soon and we are getting a gym membership in a couple days, hell be living with me so I will be working out consistently from now on. I will follow ur log man, glad ur back!

Glad to hear you're still going at it Andalite. Same Gladiator.

I'm actually keeping my main log on the Starting Strength forum now, but I'll post in here from time to time with updates.

Currently my lifts after two weeks back in training are:

Full Squat 215x3x5
Bench Press 165x3x5
Deadlift 265x5
press 115x3x5
Pendlay Row 135x3x5
Barbell Curl 60x3x5+
Lying Tricep Extension 70x3x5+

The strength is coming back rapidly! I'm training juice free and plan to take myself as far as I can go clean in the next 8-10 years. I can see myself going "on" again in my mid-40's, but I really want to build a super solid foundation without any gear.

I do have a super secret special supplement that I'm taking now. Well, two actually. The first is grass-fed raw milk. This stuff is like weak anabolics, no lie. Probably an exaggeration, but the stuff is really anabolic as far as food goes. My strength has been exploding from muscle memory and this stuff.

The second is more sleep. I'm averaging about 8 hours a night, with some as low as 7.5 hours and some as high as 9.5 hours. I finally embraced just how truly important sleep is, especially if training natural. I've known for a long time how important it is, but never really GOT just HOW important it is. Most of the recovery and adaptation occurs during this time.

So those are my main supps atm. I am taking Cod Liver Oil and a basic multi-vitamin. That's it- raw milk, sleep, fish oil, vitamins/minerals.

I'm guessing that by Fall quarter of school I'll be back to 90% of where I was when I last stopped. I've never progressed this rapidly after a layoff, and I really do believe alot of it has to do with the raw milk and extra sleep.

So that's that. Good to hear from you guys. Glad, hop on that linear 5x5 mang, your strength will come back rapidly. Andalite, you must be pretty damn strong by now!

P.S. I will compete in some powerlifting competitions probably by the end of my first year back in training and definitely by the end of the second year.

8-10-2014

Strength is coming back rapidly!

Tomorrow's workout:

Full Squat 275x3x5
Bench Press 210x3x5
Deadlift 325x5
Pulldowns and maybe another back exercise.

I did a belt-only full squat with 335lbs on Friday, which wasn't a max. I would guess my max is around 350-365 atm. Not bad for 7 weeks back.

Been a LONG time since I was a regular on this board, but still remembered my old login!

Currently 5'8.5", 184lbs - moderately lean, working on getting to around 10% bodyfat at this weight.

Currently running Ostarine 25mg/ed and Cardarine 20mg/ed.

I've been running the Ostarine for almost two weeks and I've noticed more muscle fullness than normal, improved vascularity, and what seems to be better nutrient partitioning which has led to noticeable fatloss despite zero change in my very healthy diet.

I've finally at the age of 40 gotten it all together - diet, training, and cardio - something I never had the patience or consistency to pull off back in my 20's and 30's.

I'm grateful to God that I'm a very well preserved 40 year old and believe I can still build and maintain the kind of physique I always wanted to before, but lacked the discipline to make happen.

Due to this quarantine stupidity I'm working out at home and have made a makeshift but very effective paired down routine of:

Day 1
Weighted Dips
Kettlebell Swings
Kettlebell Rows
Neck Bridging, manual resistance to the sides, and lying plate extensions on the forehead

Day 2
Hill Sprints

Day 3
Walk on the beach

Day 4
Weighted Chinups
Kettlebell presses
Kettlebell snatches

Day 5
Hill Sprints or fast beach jog for 1 - 1.5 miles

Day 5
Dayhike or woodcraft (axemanship etc)

Physique goal is to build a body that looks somewhere between a Runningback and Greco-Roman wrestler.

If I can get to 205lbs at 10% I will, but it won't happen without Sarms and/or TRT which I am seriously considering.

I've been on 150mg DHEA every morning for the last 6 weeks and that by itself before I hopped on the sarms has had a very strong effect on my overall vitality. I highly recommend DHEA to any guy feeling a little more brittle or less full of vitality past the age of 35 for sure. Stuff works - zero sides for me.

When it gets easier/cheaper to acquire some bumper plates and a bar, my longterm weight routine will mostly end up being similar to what I have, but with my favorite exercise included - Barbell Stiff-legged Deadlift on a block.

Glad to be back on my first and favorite forum!

5-11-2020

Weighted Dips BW+14lbs x 12, 5. Bodyweight only x3
One arm Kettlebell swings 53lbs x 6x8

Neck Bridging 1 set max reps 40
Manual resistance to neck each side for reps around 18 per side, plus one static hold each side max time

Neck Extensions with plates on forehead 15lbs x30-35 reps - noticed accentuating the negative really makes the front neck muscles engage big time, especially toward to latter end of the set

5-14-2020

Weighted Chinups BW+15.25 x 7 reps, with 8th rep about 95%

One arm Kettlebell press 4x6, 1x5. Pressed with one arm, switched to other and back for all sets - great pump in the delts

One arm kettlebell snatches 5x5 with 53lbs.

5-21-202

Bodyweight 184lbs

Weighted Chinups BW+16.5lbs x7
Pullups x 3

One arm Kettlebell Press 5x6 with 35lbs kb alternating arms with no rest

Kettlebell Snatch 53lbs x6,6,6,6,10

Top Bottom