Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Lifter's Iron Log...

So are you following a routine now? I like all the kettlebell stuff. If you do that hard the weight will come right off.

I'm kinda winging it right now.

Kettlebell's have always intrigued me because of the variation of exercises you can do them. You can do lots of 1 arm stuff, pressing, jerking, exercises that also require alot of balance etc.

That and they can be used to develop a very high level of strength and/or conditioning in general.

Right now I just kinda do what I want when I get in the gym so long as I get my breathing going hard and keep my heart rate up for a good half hour or more.

I think some very short term goals I am interested in hitting atm are:

2-52lbs kb's, clean and then repetition jerk them for 25 reps

1-52kb snatch for 25 reps

1-52lbs kb swing for 50 reps

So I guess I am going for more endurance/work capacity right now. That said I also plan on working on heavy 1 arm pressing so that I can press the 106lbs kb at will and use it in 2 hands ayhow and turkish getups.

So more focus on work capacity plus some low rep heavy stuff.

The good thing is that I think I will continue to slowly lose weight as I go above and beyond those repetition maxes I listed because of higher volume performed and better cardio.

I know that powerlifting-wise my strength in 3 months will probably seem abysmal as far as my max dead, squat and bench, but my gpp will be sky high in comparison and lifting a 52lbs kb up to a 106lbs kb with 1 arm is plenty to keep my general strength and muscle mass especially considering it's for higher reps.

I know I'm blathering on, but I'm still eating quite abit. 3-4x a day and not light meals. My usual fare. I think when I reach being able to jerk the 52lbs kb's 25x I'll have to decide whether I want to go up in weight or go for even more reps like the competitive kb lifters do.

6-4-2011

Saturday afternoon short workout

Warmed up using a 25lbs kb for cleans, swings and snatches

Then swapped to a 52lbs kb and worked a few one arm swings, cleans, snatches etc.

Then grabbed another 52lbs kb:

2-52lbs kb jerks 1x14, +2 over wednesday. If I really wanted to do more I could, but I wasn't trying to hit burn out.

I have to say even jerking 2-52kbs for reps is harder than strict pressing 135 on a bar imho as far as cardio is concerned.

Then swapped back to 1-52lbs kb and did alternating swings for 1x40, beat wednesday by 10 reps.

Then did a complex of 5 cleans, snatches and presses with 52lbs kb each arm without rest. Rested awhile and then jumped up to some olympic rings and did 2 upside down hangs on them trying to gradually bring my leg down further and further on the opposite side.

Finished out with a 25lbs kb complex 10 cleans, 10 snatches, 10 presses each arm without rest and then did maybe 10-15 cleans after that practicing racking the bell with an open palm.

My clean technique kinda sucks. It's not atrocious, but it needs alot of work. Not surprisingly the swings, snatches and jerks all come very easy since the movement pattern is more similar to barbell work.

Bodyweight 234.5lbs

Great short workout. Not sure how I am going to schedule workouts, but I know I want to increase volume with the 52lbs kb/s. I'm steering towards a heavy kb day with singles and doubles of alot of kb lifts intermixed with some heavier barbell work for strength and power and then the other day higher repetition work with medium-light kb's doing longer sets of swings/snatches/jerks by themselves as well as complexes.

Enough rambling.

Well I have always been more interested in more all around performance while still having a solid base of strength.

I really learned ALOT training around and with the powerlifters for a year, but that got me kinda in a 1 dimensional kind of mindset now that I look back.

That and I know I mentioned leaning out for a girl awhile back and nothing ever came of that. Recently I have realized that even though I liked being pretty strong and bigger than normal I didn't like the way I looked and I couldn't do shit, but powerlift.

I used to feel if I couldn't bench +300 or squat +400 or didn't weight +225lbs that I wouldn't be happy, but having passed those and weighing almost 250lbs and looking back on how I looked and felt at 185-205lbs it's night and day.

I'm not lifting purely for cosmetic reasons just to get the girls, but I guess in the end I'd be lying if I didn't care about my appearance a certain amount.

I don't want to resort to distance running because I would only run for fat burning purposes, but that goes completely counter to wanting a certain level of muscle mass and strength for me.

I figure if I do 1 day heavy low rep stuff and then finish the workout with a few sets of cardio taxing stuff like tire hops, prowler presses, sledge swinging on tires, rope skipping etc and then work on longer and longer sets of kb lifts and more intensive/longer kb complexes the other day that will get me into pretty sick shape inside of 6 months.

I don't expect to end up ripped nor do I want to weigh 160, but 185-205lbs and solid, fit would do just fine.

Hey bro so how did your cycle end up going, did you lose any weight? I know you are 234 and you were 250 but your traINING IS ALSO WAY DIFFERENT. dID YOU DO A pct? Would you reccomend doing a lighter and longer cycle rather than a shorter but more hardcore cycle?

Glad, it would be irresponsible of me to recommend a long cycle to someone because everyone is different and recovers differently. I'll list my thoughts though and will give some details without trying to be too gross about it.

1. I was on around 500mg sustanon a week for about 7-8 weeks and then ran out because of an order issue. I tapered down to 250mg a week for a couple weeks and then down to half that a couple weeks until completely off. I crashed pretty hard while starting a new job and it was pretty bad. I felt terrible, my head had a funny feeling. The job was EXTREMELY physically demanding, but I tried to eat alot and keep going to the gym. Net weight loss coming off cycle with no pct and starting a new job that massively boosted my daily caloric expenditure=10lbs. Actually not that bad. I felt like dog shit for about a month and then my body came back and I started gaining strength again. Only lost "maybe" 5% when I came off.

Then my order issue was fixed and I got my gear so I hopped back on to 500mg sust a week for like fuck, I lost track. Probably about 5 months switching between 375-500mg ew. I have 10 amps left and I tapered down to 250mg ew for probably 6-8 weeks and then came off cold on the second run.

This time I was not working and the crash wasn't bad even though I had been on for probably 5+ months not including the initial 2 months before the first come off. Granted none of my usage was even close to high by any means, but that's still alot of time on.

I made very steady gains throughout although the gains slowed the last 6+ weeks on the second stretch because 250mg at my size and strength really wasn't pushing me much above normal imho.

Now I'm starting to feel pretty good. My cardio is rapidly improving, my face is looking alot better and my sexual function is getting very close to ideal normal so far as I can tell. I'll definitely buy a bottle or 2 of Needto's herbal stuff when I get a chance, but so far every thing appears to be on track to 100%.

I don't think I will be using aas again for a long time. I might revisit it in my late 30's or early 40's if I notice a significant decline in my body, but otherwise don't plan to be on. I don't see the point in using aas unless you are a serious athlete getting paid big money OR seriously trying to pack on size and/or beyond normal strength.

Being 205lbs, fit, good looking and solidly strong won't require aas use on my part so I see no reason to continue using it.

It's also kinda nice not constantly having a knot in my pecs or shoulders from injects and it's nice being able to bust a real nut lol. I know some guys say they get uber horny on test, but for me the test/estrogen ratio gets thrown out of wack and it does impair me sexually probably by 50%. So that's also another bonus of being off.

Anyhow, probably more info than was wanted hah.

As for cycles? Well imho it's either go on for a long ass time or stay on permanently or don't use at all imho. I don't see the point of boxing up and down. Once you are past your natural genetic limit every time you bounce on cycle when you come off you will lose some of it. It may get you to the end goal faster, but either stay on and use a dosage appropriate to the size and strength you expect or don't use at all.

That's my thoughts.

6-6-2011

Nods head to Andalite. I've been looking into mobility work. I've kinda figured out what I want my training style to be like.

kettlebells performed long cycle, complexes, and low rep high strength lifts

bodyweight exercises for all around balance, pushups, chins/pullups, dips, lunges, pistols, handstands etc

mobility work like kossack stretches, thrusters, planks, bridges etc etc

I've been looking into Scott Sonnon's body flow stuff and brazilian ginastica as well as some yoga.

I find even bodyweight only stuff really taxes the crap out of me so that's definitely a good sign I need to have that high on the priority list with the kettlebells.

I'm still looking to train 3 days a week doing lower rep, high weight kb's one day and alternating higher reps work the next. I'm thinking inbetween those days I will develop some kind of mobility/light cardio routine that can be performed in 20 minutes or so that will limber me up, improve balance, improve bodyweight conditioning etc without being too taxing at least at the start.

So today's workout!

started off with some mobility work. Hip rolls, side twists, thrusters, arm circles, kossack stretches(I can actually do these pretty textbook thanks to all the splits I did as a kid) cat stretches, toe touch. More stretching than mobility, but nonetheless it got me feeling limbered up and warmed up.

Started with 25lbs kb for a few of the usual clean, snatches, presses etc

Graduated to the 52lbs kb and did 1 complex of clean,snatch, press, jerk, getup with each arm no rest. Then rested abit and did the same complex with a 62lbs kb. Grabbed a drink of water and did 3 chins to the upper chest.

Now grabbed a 70lbs kb and did the complex again. Light rest and 3 kipping pullups(sorta) need to work on the technique, I actually like these even though I prefer to do strict chins.

Now did 2 hands anyhow with a 2-52kbs, light rest 3 chins, then used a 62lbs kb and 52lbs kb, light rest 2 kip pullups, then 70lbs kb and 52lbs kb, moderate rest, was able to curl the 52lbs kb quite abit easier today than last time which was nice.

Now did 2 kbs clean and press then jerk for 1 rep with 52lbs kb's, light rest, c+p+j with 2-70lbs kbs. Jerking kettlebells REALLY tests shoulder stability BIG time especially as they get heavier.

Rested abit and did 3 more chins

Grabbed the 106lbs kb and clean and jerked it each arm. Wasn't easy, but was legit.

Elbowed a heavy bag enough to get my ass gasping hard. Front kicked it several times, muay thai style kicked it a few times down low, spinning side kicked it a few times. Couple straight shots and a few hooks to the body of the bag. Without taping up the hands and wrists you have to be really really careful because you can fold your wrist punching these bare handed.

Did 6 clean dips full rom, had 1-2 more in me, but was happy, 1 more than last time.

3 more chins

Kossack stretches, shoulder circles, torso twists, couple of bridges(not a wrestlers bridge, not yet) couple of I don't know what they are called. You start kneeling with your chest down and arms stretches forward on the ground and then move your body horizontally across the ground into the pushup position and then back without your body touching the ground.

Hopped onto the rings and hung for about 10 seconds holding a knee raise position.

That's the workout. Wish I could condense it easier for the journal, but for now this will have to do even though I know it's long winded as fuck.

June 13, 2010

Warmed up with some light stretching and twisting

Then grabbed a 25lbs kb as usual and did warmups with it

Grabbed a 52lbs kb and cleaned, pressed and snatched it a couple times each arm.

There was a large class going so I only had access to 1 52lbs kb.

One arm kb jerk, 52lbs, 1x20 each arm

Alternating 1 arm swings, 52lbs, 1x45-this fuckin torched my lungs, I'll get 50 next time.

Rope skipping 1 minute

light jog around area complex=about 1 lap around a track

25 swings with 15lbs sledge against large tractor tire

One arms kb Sots press into 1 arm overhead squat, 52lbs 2 reps each arm/side

No hands turkish getup with 25lbs kb, 3 reps each side

pseudo 1 hand pushup each side on kb

some neck rolling wrestler style, started very gentle on these

some standing jump to high bar grab, straight up, no steps taken, about 5 jumps

dynamic lunges in place about 10 reps fast

some miscellaneous stuff I can't remember

did kossack stretches before and after workout as well as shoulder dislocates, basic stretching etc.

Top Bottom