Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Lifter's Iron Log...

I pretty much do them like this guy except I go lower and touch the plates on the ground lightly for depth check. I use lifting straps so I don't have to focus on my grip at all, no belt:

YouTube - Todd Jewell - 495 lb. stiff-leg dead lift 11-12-09

Apparantly, the guy you linked to doing the SLDLs stopped a guy the FBI was after for a while from robbing a bank by beating the shit out of him and breaking his ribs, lol. YouTube - Bodybuilder Todd Jewell twarts bank robbery

4-25-2011

Bench Press 135x8

bar+band, band=125lbs tension

bar+bandx5
135+bandx5

155+bandx4x5

no more band

245x4
275x4,4,6+2 light forced reps

Dumbell Decline Bench 80's x8, 100's x4+4 light forced reps, 80's x8

Solid workout. Came in feeling kinda blah, but felt pretty strong.

4-27-2011

Full Squat barx5, 135x5, 185x3, 225x1, 275x1, 315x2x1, 275x3x3,1,1

Went pretty easy on the squats today. My left hip has been feeling better and I want it to get fully healed. I think ever since I strained it that I have been twisting or leaning a little to my left. Today I very slightly tried to imagine squatting down while keeping my torso to the right abit which in reality was probably perfectly straight forward since my hip felt great doing this.

One of the pl'ers also noticed I tend to bench with the right foot farther forward than the left which throws off balance and leg drive.= so I'm working on that as well.

Turkish Getup 50lbs db, 2x1,2. Basically one rep is going up with each arm once so doing 2 reps is going up and down 4 times total. The weight was light. I can tell I haven't done these in awhile.

Bodyweight 248lbs. I had 4 taco's about 45minutes before the gym so was a little heavier than usual.

Overall a very casual workout. Friday I will go pretty hard.

4-29-2011

Back Day

Deadlift 135x5, 185x3, 225x2, 275x1, 315x1, 365x1, 455x2x1, 225x5 pulled fast, wasn't feeling that strong maximal-wise today so changed it up abit.

Power Shrugs 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 365x3, 415x6-felt my form was a little sloppy on these heavy ones so dropped down to 315x20. I was surprised how much of a cardio workout that was. Not as bad as doing 315x20 on squats or full deads, but it still gassed the crap out of me. I can do weight up to around 365 atm very explosively with alot of snap to the reps. Anything over 365 I still get a solid range of motion and still have some explosiveness to the reps, but they definitely aren't as snappy. Think I'm gonna work on building up to like 365x2x20 and then maybe try going heavier again with sets of 5.

Stiff-legged Dead 325x10

Time was running abit short so that was it. Next week I think I will maybe start off with deficit pulls and make sure I get some pulldowns and maybe some 1 arm snatches in.

damn bro been a while. Im always just in chat now. Since I havent worked out in 8 weeks, I havent even bothered looking at logs or even going near the weightliftind forums. Anyway are you still on cycle? Im bout to get back on some test/tren/anavar/tbol!

Hows the training going? Hows the love life :)

5-9-2011

Haven't posted in abit because I took a full week off from the gym.

I just switched gyms today to a crossfit affiliated gym. This gym has it all AND they have a serious powerlifting crew.

My goals are changing. I still want to be strong, but I want to lean down abit to like 215ish while greatly improving my cardio, flexibility and general strength and conditioning.

I am still going to work the big three each week, but I will now incorporate kettlebell drills, plyometrics, single leg work and stretching into my workouts after I work the big lift for the day.

I am no longer "on" anything and I want to stay off anabolics for a good year or so. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks since I last injected 250mg sustanon so sometime between tomorrow and next week I am likely to feel a drop in mood, sex drive, etc etc. I'm hoping the coming off isn't really nasty. Luckily I am not working full time because they last time I came off I was busting my ass at a lumbermill while coming off cold and let me tell ya that was hell. Here's hoping it's not too hideous this time.

Bench+random shit day at new gym

Bench Press 135x8, 185x5, 225x5, 265x5, 275x5, 265x5 w/slingshot, 265x5 That was it. Weight felt alright. Next week I'll use 270 for 5x5.

After the benching I really just did whatever I felt like which was basically a pseudo circuit with chinups, kettlebell cleans, presses, swings etc. I can't log sets and reps, but guess I did about 15 chins doing 2-3 at a time, a couple single pullups and used around a 50ish pound kb for most of the work. The chins were performed strict to the collarbone. As my weight drops and my chin strength increases I will transition into sternum chinups.

Banged out a really solid set of 25 on pushups. Also did some light leaping to grab on some of the moderately higher chinup bars.

Cleaned and pressed a +90lbs kettlebell with my right arm. Cleaned it, but couldn't press it with my left. One of my new goals is to own that kb for turkish getups, swings, snatches and presses etc. I'll get the exact weight of it next time I go in, but I believe it is 92-96lbs. Fucking thing is a chunk lol.

Took plenty of rest between the bench sets, but really worked it on the circuits and got pretty gassed.

Good workout. Onward and forward to getting leaner and meaner all around.

Oh ya, no more big bowls of ice cream at night lol.:theshadow

Last edited:
Good shit bro. Besides ice cream is for chicks lol.

You'll feel awesome when you are getting lean. It changed my whole personality. Made me more confident, fitter and healthier, my face/chin/neck got much better looking and just made me feel more comfortable generally. It's so much better being lean enough not to have a gut that sticks out.

The great thing about cutting weight is once you get into the mindset and really dedicate to it you can see results every week - even every few days if your strict enough which feels great.

5-11-2011

Barbell Squat, sprint, leap complex

Warmup-Barbell Full Squat barx5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x3

275x3+10-12yd moderate sprint to short leaping bar grab. Drop and then double leg jump up to a higher bar. Walk to the fountain, rest abit, repeat. 3 sets

295x1+10-12yd sprint and leap for 2 sets.

315+10-12yd sprint and leap for 2 sets.

Rest for 3-5 minutes and figure out what I want to do next.

50lbs kb turkish getups 5x1, 1 rep each side, take a drink of water, repeat, no rest except for walk to fountain=maybe 40feet away. This was very easy other than feeling moderately winded while doing it.

Full body stretching for 5 minutes or so.

My goal is to train for 30-45minutes 3 days a week average using fairly heavy weight and lowish reps using circuit style training and cutting rest times.

This is abit different than typical cross-fit workouts as this emphasizes heavier weight and low reps with the main anerobic cardio coming from decreased rest between exercises and each circuit rather than moderate to high rep work with lighter weight and less rest.

Basically I want to be able to perform at a relatively high intensity for 30-45minutes lifting significantly heavier weight than your typical crossfitter and developing solid cardio without decreasing strength too much from overuse of higher reps and lighter weight.

A mid-range goal type of workout would be:

5 circuits

Barbell Full Squat 315x5
short sprint to high leap and bar grab
turkish getup 1 rep each side with 90lbs KB
Rope Skipping 1 minute

The goal being to be able to build up to that and complete 5 circuits of it without any rest between the exercises and little to no rest between circuits. I'm thinking 3-6 months to get to that level of anerobic conditioning.

I was able to do triples with 275 today np while huffing pretty solidly. If I had pushed the pace any faster by reducing rest before squatting I would have puked. 315 felt good even though I was breathing heavy, but I only did a couple singles with it.

An advanced version of that would maybe be:

365-405x3-5
sprint to high leap or maybe sprint to trackter tire leap over.
10 tire hits with 15lbs sledge
90lbs Turkish Getup to 1 arm overhead squat, 1-2 reps each side
Advanced Rope Skipping for 1 minute

Short rest to no rest and repeat 5x.

Any comments are welcome.

A sample advanced bench day would maybe be:

Bench Press 275-315x5
5-8 Sternum Chinups
90lbs KB clean and press each arm for 2-3

Maybe 1 other exercise

Repeat 5x with little to no rest

As a side note I really don't have a specific bodyweight goal.

Primarily I am aiming to stay relatively strong, greatly improve my anerobic conditioning, improve my flexibility and drop some excess bodyfat while eating relatively health, but not dieting specifically.

If that means I only drop to like 235lbs so be it. If I end up dropping down as low as 205 so be it.

The advanced goals I could see happening within a year or so. Maybe not zero rest between circuits, but none between exercises and maybe a minute or 2 between circuits. Really hard to say.

Any comments like you're insane or unrealistic are welcome.:biggrin:

Top Bottom