Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Lifter's Iron Log...

hahaaha good posts to read bro, i wonder if theres a way you can switch the 531 to make squats more progressive? an i think for strength doing 13+ reps is a little high too but i think its supposed to be higher becauseyou start with lower weight as your maxes? like95% of your 90% 1RM in the first mesocycle? thats only like 85%...

I could, but my mind is already made up. I never stalled on 5x5 when switching to 5-3-1 and I really didn't stall on 5-3-1 except a little on squats. I figure as long as I go from one productive program to the next that basically hit all the same exercises and get continually stronger I'll be headed up the right path.

I'm waiting on some shit after previous complications. I miss having 10x the test of a normal man lol. Now that I have gotten my lifts up to a reasonable level it'll be better with some "assistance".

I'll break 315 bench, 405 squat and 450-500 dead next time I'm on np I bet.

how u like deca? i wanna add it into my arsenal of stuff im on right now... i heard the gains are sickk. only problem is ive been on test 3 weeks so by the time i take deca and it kicks in ill be on my 3rd month of test, which means id have to run test for 20 weeks! haha nice

I haven't actually run straight deca before. I have run the prohormone back in the day that converted to deca. I was doing a dual factor 5x5 cycle and was using the recommended dose of 1-AD which was a decent ph for weight gain and like half the recommended dose of a deca ph which was like 300mg ed. 150mg of a deca ph only has like 15-20% conversion to deca so we are maybe talking the equivalent of 150mg deca a week plus the 1-AD.

I gained 28lbs in 8 weeks from the combo and the 5x5. One thing I do remember is the deca ph made me so fuckin hungry. I could eat every 2 hours np. Kinda reminded me of dbol because I get hungry as fuck from the dbol.

I've only got a handful of small cycles under my belt and mainly test with an oral. I've started out slow so I know exactly how I respond to different compounds. In the not too distance future I want to try out deca. I'm a teeny bit leery of the possible nip sides, but would definitely have some caber or bromo on hand to deal with it.

My advice is don't use deca if you have the chance of being drug tested within the next 18 months for any athletics because trace deca metabolites stay in your system for a REALLY long time.

If deca is like the ph I used then I would say it's great stuff.

11-8-2010

Doug Hepburn Program "A" Week 1

Bench Press 135x5, 155x1, 185x1, 205x1, 230x1 warmup
255x6x1 singles

Barbell Press 95x1, 105x1, 115x1, 135x1, 150x1 warmup
165x6x1

Barbell Curl 95x1,105x1 warmup
110x2 second rep was getting too heavy so I knew I set the weight too high, dropped down to 100
100x4x1 singles

Good workout. I felt strong. I took as much rest as I wanted between all sets of singles. Didn't even break a sweat lol. Felt strong when I walked out of the gym. The last single of the standing press and curls was pretty hard, but I had another single or 2 in me. All weights feel right on for progress.

Bodyweight 233lbs.

11-9-2010

Doug Hepburn Program "A" Week 1

Barbell Squat 135x5, 185x1, 225x1, 275x1, 295x1 warmup
315x6x1 singles Form is improving once again thanks to the resident powerlifters.

One Arm DB Row 50x5, 65x1, 80x1, 95x1 warmup
115x5x1, 1x2 This felt retardedly light today.

Deadlift 225x1, 275x1, 315x1 warmup
350x5x1 singles, then did a sumo dead with 365 and then another with 315.

I actually watched a few videos on sumo deadlifting technique and after putting it to use today I think I have found my deadlift calling so to speak. I love the look of a conventional dead, but even using textbook technique I feel really compromised at the starting position.

365 felt like a joke literally. I felt alot of tension in the hamstrings which wasn't what I expected, but after getting it to break off the floor it felt almost effortless through about 75% of the lift.

I am going to perfect sumo technique. You just watch. I'll fuckin pull 500 with it before ya know it.

Overall was a great workout. Singles got me feeling strong even though I just trained yesterday and I'm not used to 2 in a row since it's been awhile.

Bodyweight 232lbs

nie bro! looks like ur gonna get fuckin strong on this program...

i feel like sumo is better for me too, but that may be because i have tight hips and i dont stretch which I NEED to. i hate stretching

I stretch a little here and there. I stretch my chest when I do squats and do shoulder circles any workout with pressing.

There is something to be said about stretching too much though.

I can touch the ground while wearing shoes np and other basic drills without hardly stretching so I don't worry about it too much.

I'm more concerned with using proper technique and warming up muscles when doing heavy lifts and keeping the joints especially shoulders feeling good with shoulders circles and dislocates etc than actual stretching.

Top Bottom