Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A Lifter's Iron Log...

9-17-2010

Deadlift 135x5, 185x5, 205x3 warmup

75% at 245x5
85% at 280x3
95% at 311.5x12 good set, I could eek maybe 1-2 more reps, but the form would be absolute shit. Cardio blowout on this, breathing really hard for several minutes

Goodmorning 135x8, 145x8, 155x8, not sure about these, I don't feel that comfortable with this exercise

Dimel deadlift 155x15,20 I think I might make this my go-to assistance for deadlift. lol, my ass was feeling pumped from this, gonna work on building up weight for couple sets of 25.

45 degree leg press calf raises-plates per side

1x12, 2x10, 4x10, 3x10, 3x10 ok I think I found my weighted calf exercise, felt like I was able to get a similar quality contraction to stair raises and got a massive burn from these. I was actually cussing abit after the last 2 sets it burned so much.

Bodyweight 236lbs

Great workout. Tomorrow is the last before my weekish+ deload week.

On a different note, got hired to a sawmill. No more mr. fuckin broke as a joke, thank god.

9-18-2010

Standing Barbell Press 45x10, 65x10, 85x5, 105x3 warmup
75% at 120x5
85% at 135x3
95% at 150x10, definitely had 1 more rep for sure, but I was happy with this.

Seated DB Press 50's x12,10,10,7 about a minute rest between sets

Hammer shrug maching giant set, plates per side, 1x12, 2x12, 3x12, 2x12, 1x12, only resting as long as it takes to change the plates, then 2x15 once more, prefer db shrugs to these honestly

Rotator cuff L-flys 10x12, 15x10, 20x6-7, 10x10 decent pump in the rotator

Bodyweight 236lbs

Solid final workout before my deload week. Main press set strength felt great.

9-20-2010

Just did a pre-employment strength test for my new job.

WOW. This was an intense fuckin workout. They strapped me into these dynamometer machines and had me do max effort sets of 5 reps on knee extension/flexion, shoulder flexion/extension and trunk flexion/extension.

The real ball buster is that each exercise is max effort on both the extension and flexion so it's like doing 2 exercises in one.

The are pretty anonymous about the results. They get sent to a company in another state. I'll be shocked if I didn't pass the test. Even the tester who isn't supposed to comment said he'd be surprised if I didn't pass.

I did catch a few numbers on a couple of the graphs for peak torque/power.

I believe I got around 160lbs on single leg knee flexion in .6 seconds.

Looked like trunk extension I got 358lbs torque or power.

Pretty much all the tests it looked like my strength stayed consistent through the 5 rep range based off the bars I saw.

What I really want to know is how I did in comparision to other tested guys lol. Hopefully I can eek that info out of the hiring manager when I get contacted.

This was a pretty intense 20 minutes man. I was dripping sweat and breathing hard. I'm glad I was told it's not easy because I came in not knowing what to expect. It was definitely a difficult test.

Other tidbits, my resting pulse after drinking a 5 hour energy about 20 minute before hand was 64bpm and the last exercise of the test which was simultaneous trunk flexion and extension had my heart rate at 132 after a max effort 5 rep set.

Good times l o l.

Now it's time to deload until my next 5-3-1 cycle on monday! Regardless if I get hired and start working this week there's no way the job is actually that taxing.

9-28-2010

Back into the gym after a week deload. HAHA. My new job chain pulling lumber for 10 hours a day is a serious workout. I have lost 4.5lbs in a week eating the same amount I have been for months. It's time to get hardcore with the eating. Going to up my protein by 50-100grams ed and boost calories up about 1500 ed as I figure that might be about how much extra I am burning ed.

Full Squat 135x5, 165x6, 185x3
65% at 195x5
75% at 225x5
85% at 256.5 x9. Very happy with this considering the sudden massive workload placed on my system from the new job and the near 5lbs weight loss. This is 6.5lbs more than last cycles first week main squat set for the exact same reps.

I felt a little stiff on pretty much every set except the top set. Felt pretty decent there though I felt I may have been off on my form a cunt hair. Depending on whether the squat rack is being used by some fag doing curls I either squat there in front of a mirror or in the power rack staring at a wall. I'm gonna get into the habit of squatting looking the other way so I'm looking out into the room. Also serves as being beneficial if I ever do a powerlifting meet.

45 Degree Leg Press 4-45lbs plates each side, close stance, toe's straight, 5 sets of 10 with 1 minute rest timed. Quads were fucking torched by the end of the 5th set. Had a walk altering pump for a good 15 minutes after.

DB Walking Lunges 15's LOL. I didn't trust my pumped jello legs at this point. Chose the weight well. 3 sets of 14 ie 7 lunges per leg with 1 minute timed rest.

Bodyweight 231.5lbs

All in all considering the new intense job workload, losing 4.5lbs and having pulled lumber hard for 10 hours today I thought I did fantastic. Very happy with the workout.

Calories are going up like a motherfucker.

Google 5-3-1 and you will come across some websites that pretty much break down what you need to know about the program.

I do plan on buying Wendler's book though very soon to support him because he's been a solid influence on me lately.

Top Bottom