Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A LIfter's Iron Log...

ghettostudmuffin

Thought I'd start up a lifting log. People might be interested to see how others train, or maybe not, but I thought it'd be interesting anyhow. I am 24 and have trained off and on since I was 13-14. My longest run was a fairly consistent 2-2.5 years in highschool and a couple 6 monthers after and a year solid about 9 months ago. I'm fuckin tired of training hard, making great gains, and then something happens and I poo out. Not anymore. Lifting is a part of me and I have realized that. If there's one thing in this life I can look forward to it's lifting heavier weights and building bigger muscles. If I hadn't stopped on my last run I'd be probably 235+ naturally at 5'8 1/2" by now, but alas, hindsight is always 20/20 or so they say. My current bodyweight is roughly 200lbs. MY bodyfat is probably 17-18% based off what I see in the mirror. My previously highest bodyweight was 222lbs, but I averaged 220lbs for a week or 2 before I quit lifting do to personal issues. Personal issues are never going to stop me from training again and neither is getting lazy. Fuck, I'm lucky I have a healthy, fully functional body to train and I'm not going to waste anymore time sitting on my ass. I have been training now for 1 month after a 9 month layoff or so. Anyway, it's Friday, October 1st and this was my workout today.

LEGS (my favorite training day, actually I love every training day, but squats are the BOMB!).

Parallel Squats 1x45, 1x95, 1x115, 1x135, 1x145, 1x155, 1x165, 1x175, 1x185, 1x195, 1x205, 1x215, 1x225, 6x1x235, easy. I'd guess after todays squats that my 1 rep max is around 260-270lbs.

I take plenty of rest inbetween single rep sets. Probably anywhere from 3-5 minutes. I never get tired or strained training this way and my strength blows up off it. Legs like it too despite being low reppers. Of course the volume overall or total number of reps is good the higher the weight on my working sets go, the more singles warmups I do generally.

Standing 45degree leg press (not sure what to call this machine, you stand in it and place your feet on a plate and do leg presses on it although it feels more like squats then actual leg presses, sorta reminds me of a hack squat machine, but not really). First time using it.

180x8. This thing is TOUGH! Definitely gonna be a mainstay in my legs routine!

45 degree leg press(ok, this is your standard leg press here).

400x20. Probably could have done a couple more reps, but I was already straining and didn't want to get noxious.

Single leg curls

70x1x12, 1x9, I never trained my hamstrings before and already I am seeing the muscle get bigger and more pronounced. Bonus effect is it makes my butt look better lol. Oh, and it seems to help with my squatting too. DUH.

Dumbell lunges

35's for 1x8 reps per side. I like this exercise. It seems to make my ass sore and not much does that lol.

Standing calf raise machine

285x1x14-20, 210x1x12+
I almost always lose track of total reps as I do lots of weird shit when training calves. Sometimes I'll hold the weight for 5 seconds in the stretched position, then pump a few quick reps, then hold in the contracted, then do some very slow reps. My calves like heavy weight and stretching.

Incline half-situps(sort of a situp into a crunch deal, hurts good)

BW+32.5lbsx1x10

Stability ball crunches bw+12.5lbsx1x30

I learned from my last 11 month training stint to include abs and hamstrings. I never used to train them before, and training them now has already improved my power and stability in squats and stiff legged deadlifts. I do crunch type exercises twice per week as well as hanging leg raises twice per week too. I also like to throw in some ab vacuums here and there.

Overall an excellent workout and I left the gym feeling strong overall and contented in the progress I made. As a side note, my thighs, calves and too a lesser extent my hams got excellent pumps today.

I'd like to add that I am 2 weeks into a 4 week cycle of 1-AD at the moment. I started out at 300mg ED and worked up to 600mg ED where I will stay for the remainder of the cycle. So far my recovery ability is improved a decent bit. I can train a little harder and longer than normal, and recover faster than usual. As for strength gains, well I am gaining in all compound exercises by a good 5lbs a week, but alot of that is just muscle memory going on and I do not attribute the 1-AD too it much if at all as my progress is similar to how my body shot back to previous bests before in the past without PH's. What the 1-AD is doing is mainly helping me recover faster, increasing my tolerance to training intensity and volume, and helping build muscle at a little faster rate than normal. As for side effects, none. I do pee a little more than normal, but only when I drink alot of water, but then again, I've always had a pretty active bladder so it doesn't change much. No lethargy that I can notice. Bodyfat seems to be decreasing slightly while building muscle. Basically, ONLY positive sides have been experienced, and I am happy with the 1-AD. I seem to respond best to a big dose at night before bed of 500mgs and 100mg dose in the morning rather than 200mgs spread 3x daily. In a constant state of semi-pump.

AS for measurement increases, interesting. I trained shoulder/arms yesterday and noted a 16" measurement when I got home from training. My arms were still fairly pumped, but not like they were at the gym so I'd guess they were probably 16 1/8" to 16 1/4" at the gym while fully pumped. This is cool. My previous largest upper arm measurement was 15.5" at 220lbs after 11 months training. I just measured them a second ago and they measure
15 3/4" non pumped at 200lbs. I'm very happy about that. I attribute it partly to the 1-AD and partly to my training now. The last time I trained I barely did any bicep work and mainly low 1 rep singles, and no direct tricep work or forearm work. Now I do around several sets for biceps and the same for triceps. Only do 1 hard set of wrist curls because my forearms get hella pumped anyway from regular curls. I train partly with low rep, high set, heavy weights at the beginning of each workout for overall strength, power and mass potential, and then wing the rest of my workout going on instinct using multiple exercises, moderate reps and weight. I move pretty fast between these exercises and sets to build momentum and get a good pump and burn going. I do as many sets as I feel I need for each muscle. Generally I feel I've done enough if either A. the muscles won't pump anymore or B. I start feeling used up. Imho, this is part of the reason I am making such great progress. I am actually paying attention to my muscles and body, and giving it what it likes, and laying off it when it's gotten enough.

Well, that's it for this long winded first training post, Hope it was entertaining. Train Hard, eat BIGGG, sleep ALOT. :wavey:

Ya, my goal is mainly mass building for the most part. I've noticed that I respond really well to a certain amount of volume within my limits and also low rep work. I'm starting to think that just doing heavy compound exercises isn't going to get you big guns or looking like a bodybuilder because there's not enough isolation exercises and/or total volume. I want to have the look of a solid muscular bodybuilder with the overall strength and power of a powerlifter/weightlifter. That's why I do a wide variety of exercises and rep ranges. I want to be as strong or stronger than I look, but I want to look hella strong too. I'm not eating a buttload right now, but I am eating 5 or more times a day(that's including 2-3 shakes). I generally consume 200-250 grams quality protein a day, but I want to increase that to about 300 a day on average which I can do if I monitor my eating just a little more. I am thinking of eating every 2-2.5 hours from now on, but make sure it's high protein, moderate carb, moderate to low fat foods so I don't blow up into big fatty lol.

My short term muscle and strength goals are:

By Christmass 2005:

Bodyweight 215-225lbs, but a little leaner than I am right now, which isn't lean nor fat lol

measurements:

Neck 17"
Chest normal 46", expanded 48-49"
Upper arms 16.5-17"
forearms 13.25-13.5"

waist 36-37"(I have wide hips anyway, even lean I'd probably never get below 34" cut, plus I use heavy weights on situps and crunches so that just makes my midsection even larger. Oh well, long as it's muscle, I'll worry about cutting it later, oh ya, I'm adding dumbell sidebends too, but I'll probably never go over 50lbs and do like 25 reps per side).

Thighs 28-29" I have thick muscular legs so my thighs are a little out of proportion for now.
Calves 16.5-17"

Lifts

Squat 365-385x6x1
bench 245x10x3
Dumbell stiff legged deadlift 110's x1x15
standing barbell press 185x2
clean and jerk 235x1
seated dumbell press 80's x1x6-8
dumbell bench 90's x1x8-10
leg press 550x20
dumbell lunges 60's x1x10
barbell curl 115x6-8
skullcrushers 115x6-10
calf raises stack x1x10+
barbell row 175x1x6-10
dumbell row 85's x1x6-10
widegrip pulldowns 180x1x6-10
Weighted incline half-situp/crunch BW+50x12-15

Well these are my goals by Christmass 2005. That's basically 15 months, and I know I can do it.

My LONG-term goals are

neck 18"
Chest normal 48-50", expanded 52-54"
Waist 35"
upper arms 18.5"
forearms 14.75"
thighs 29-30"
calves 17-18"

bodyweight 215-235lbs at 10% BF, 5'8 1/2".

Squat 675x6x1
bench 450x1, 405x6-10
Dumbell stiff legged deadlifts 150's x1x15, max deadlift 600+
barbell press 315
dumbell press 125's x1x6-10
barbell curl 185x6-10
leg press 800x20
barbell row 315x6-10
dumbell row 125's x1x6-10

Pretty ambitious , but I know my body is capable of it. Whether natural or not, remains to be seen.

10-4-05
FUUUuuuck YA BABY!

Excellent workout today.

Chest Day

Barbell bench-warmups, 155x10x3, easy, felt strong, gotta work on my control, smooth, fluid and powerful

Dumbell bench 60's x1x11
Inlcine barbell 125 x1x9-10
Dumbell bench 50's x1x9
Inclie barbell 115 x1x9-10
Dumbell Flye 30's x1x8-9
Incline dumbell 45's x1x9-10
Cable flye 50 x1x9

Incline situp/crunch BW+35x1x11
Stability ball crunch BW+15x1x25

Bodyweight at 205lbs. Well, been training for a month now and I'm up 6-9lbs depending on what scale I use and the best part is that I'm not even really eating like I'm bulking. I just make sure my protein intake is around 250grams a day. I like the 1-AD I'm using. Been on it 2.5 weeks. It helps me recover faster, get a slightly better and longer lasting pump, and build muscle a little faster than normal. A guy I work with that hasn't seem me in a week and a half saw me and said I was blowin up. LOL. Music to every lifter's ears. Gonna continue the 1-AD another week and a half to 2 weeks and then pct with 6-OXO, Tribex and M. Should work out great. No lethargy, or at least I can't tell. Libido is down a little, but still there. All in all, I don't think it's a wonder supplement, but it WORKS which is ALOT more than I can say for any other supplement except whey protein and whey blends, creatine and L-glutamine.

Well that's the end of my long-ass training post. Stay tuned for tomorrows next long-winded installment! Until then, so long. :p

Be careful ith that prohormone feel...I have a feeling they fucked up my boyz pretty bad.....

do you feel warmed doing singles for squats before you get to your work sets?..i know for me (bad knee) i really need to warm up my knees..i usually hit 3 warm up sets of 10 reps..then depending on how heavy im going ill do doubles or singles until i get close to my work weight..

I'm not to worried with the 1-AD. Haven't experienced any sides at 700mg ED, and I'll only be on a total of 4 weeks, after which I'll take 3-4 months off of PH's. I have 2 full bottles of 6-OXO, 1 bottle of M, and an extra 10 6-OXO caps too. Plus a bottle of tribex. I think for 1-AD this should be fine. I'll use up all these bottles during pct and I think that will do a good job of getting the natural test to kick in fine. As far as I can tell my nuts haven't shrunk, so that's a good sign, I don't feel any real noticeable lethargy, and although my libido is down abit, I can still handle my bizness so to speak. All in all I'm happy with my training and the 1-AD.

As for the squat singles, well I got the routine from naturalstrength.com I believe. Doug hepburn invented or used it. I do singles from 95lbs all the way up to my working set. Being that next week's work set will be 240lbs that's means I'll do 10lbs jumps from 95-240. That's basically 14 progressively heavier warmup singles. My work sets are 6 singles with 240. So that's 20 total reps. Seems about perfect for me, so as the working sets get heavier I'll probably do 10-20lbs jumps between singles to keep it at 12-15 warmup singles. Knees feel great. I squat a little wider than shoudler width, but not quite as wide as a powerlifter, or as close as an athletic squat. I use moderate toe flare, probably about 30 degrees. Real low bar, medium grip, sit down and back to parallel or slightly higher or lower, doesn't matter as long as I'm right around there. I fuckin love squats. I think they are king, with deads of any kind a very close second. I always find it amusing when I see guys that can bench 315 or more, but can only squat that weight a few times if even. Weird. I'd rather squat 500lbs for singles , and bench 275, then squat 315 for reps and bench 350, but that's just me.

10-5-05

Back DAy

Is it just me or is back one of the most rewarding, and at the same time most grueling workouts?

DB stiff legged deadlifts-warmups, 75's x1x15
Widegrip Lat pulldowns 120x1x12, 110x1x10
Dumbell row 55's x1x12, 50's x1x10-12
Barbell row 115x1x10-12, 1x8-10
Barbell pullover 40x1x15, 60x1x15, probably go up to 70-80lbs next time as both sets were too light. These things always make my lats sore, LOVE EM.
CAble rows 130x1x12-14, 120x1x12
Barbell shrugs 185x1x20
dumbell shrugs 75's x1x15-20, 80's x1x20-25
Leg raises to failure roughly(leg raises are pretty much the only exercise I go to failure on.

Gotta work on focusing on the back muscles and getting them to contract harder. Get a better mind-muscle connection going. I sincerely believe that the more you can focus on a muscle working and the better you can contract it, the better results you'll get. Good workout, was satisfied. Probably same weights next workout and then add 5lbs to most.

Awesome shit bro, good luck with all your goals. I dont really have time to comment alot right now, but it seems like you know what you want, so kill that shit

Top Bottom