Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifestyle changes

shoichi

In the last 6 months I've gone all out working out, changing my food intake, in short, a huge lifestyle change. Also with this my attitutude is changing tremendously....like I'm looking down on friends who say they'll work out but never do, friends that smoke and all that crap. I let them know how I feel about it and its come to the point that it is starting to cause some relationship problems with some of my friends.

Has anyone gone through a similar change? I try to be tolerant and I know its not for everyone, but I'm starting to even take notice of how out of shape nearly everyone is, and it starts to (hate to say it) but disgust me. I also work in a gym which probably plays a large role in everything...I don't know. All I think about is working out pretty much now.

I'm kinda the same story right now too. I have a few friends who work out, casually. They're not big, but they've got some muscle. Then I have those that don't work out at all. I don't really have any grossly obese friends, but, none of them are ripped.

After analyzing what I used to eat, I've been thinking about how overweight a lot of people are, and how easy it is to get fat with the foods that are so convenient to eat like sweets and fast food.

I don't get disgusted with people that don't work out though. There are a lot of people that look fine even though they don't work out. Sure, they may not be the healthiest people, but, it really comes down to how much time do you have, and how dedicated you are. Not everyone has a lot of time to go to the gym regularly, or to eat 6 times a day. People try to balance it out by eating a little better and to stay active.

The people I look down upon are those that gorge themselves on bad food and sit and watch tv all day.

Bodybuilding is kind of like a religion, it has a devote few and requires dedication, sometimes fanaticism. Nobody likes a guy who tries to convert them to their religion, so just chill out and let people be who they are. Give them suggestions once in a while to start lifting or whatever. Maybe when you get ripped they'll be motivated to change their lives too.

Just don't shove it down their throats.

I guess though, you're the one who's changed, so, you just need to take a step back and analyze if these are the people you still want to be friends with. Maybe you just need to chill out.

ive lost many friends in the past few years due to drugs,i choose not to surround myself with people who have no regard for their health,i may not be in the best shape but im trying which counts,you will meet new people ,especially working at the gym,i met a few people when i worked at one and we still hit the gym every now and then

Everyone has a vice... I'm just glad mine is lifting rather than something that will end up killing me. I just don't understand those who abuse their body. You only get one and it is your temple, you should treat it that way.

Trust me..I understand fully.

B True

Thanks for the advice warblade. I'm going to try and chill a little. I'm in college and lots of my friends are those people that sit in front of the tv playing video games, eating nachos with beer and getting up to have a cigarette.

I'm not saying I'm ripped with no bodyfat but its just frustrating. Well put as someone else replied.

Top Bottom