Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Legs wont grow

caribeman

Having a bit of an issue getting my legs to grow. Some feedback, about 1yr ago a decided to get lean and dropped from 189 to 143. This was a bit lower than I wanted and now I am back up to 155 which is ok. I've accomplished this drop with diet adjustment and cardio (which I've grown to love and still do 3 times a week).

Now, my issue is that although my legs are cut, they dont seem to grow. I've tried different things but still I feel I something else.

Constructive and educated feedback would be appreicated.

for quads and hamstrings on leg days do : 5x5 squats on smith (max of w/e you can do of 5)
then do a little quad extensions then do a little hammy curls : 2x12 2x10 then do one last

jon1320 said:
for quads and hamstrings on leg days do : 5x5 squats on smith (max of w/e you can do of 5)
then do a little quad extensions then do a little hammy curls : 2x12 2x10 then do one last

So you're saying 5 sets of 5 reps on the smith?

yep.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/weight-training-weight-lifting/5x5-program-297174.html

damn i had a link in my bookmarks but i just recently formatted my computer, DAHM !

okay let me try to remember ... if you dont want to do a 5x5 program, and want to do a simple BB routine

Do this for legs: it killed mine

Squats: 3x8-12 about 65% of your 1Rep Max weight
Leg Extensions : 3x8-12 70% of your 1REP max
Leg press : 60% 1RM 30reps, rest 30 seconds, 20 reps, rest 30 seconds, 10 reps.
rest 3 mins
Leg Curls: 3x10-12 of 80% 1RM, 75%1RM, 65% 1RM, then last set after u do 10-12 do a drop set RIGHT then, which is 1x12 at 45% 1RM

At first they will be sore man, after a few hard work outs youll start to recover faster.

Just do barbell squats. The superiority of the free weight squats vs. smith squats has been discussed here many times.

caribeman said:
Having a bit of an issue getting my legs to grow. Some feedback, about 1yr ago a decided to get lean and dropped from 189 to 143. This was a bit lower than I wanted and now I am back up to 155 which is ok. I've accomplished this drop with diet adjustment and cardio (which I've grown to love and still do 3 times a week).

Now, my issue is that although my legs are cut, they dont seem to grow. I've tried different things but still I feel I something else.

Constructive and educated feedback would be appreicated.

Post first what routine you've been doing for legs so we can find out if it is lack of intensity or quantity or quality or all of them.

Do the 3x5 or 5x5 depending on how strong you are and eat a lot. I found that the 3x5 gave me HUGE growth on legs and back...but not as much upper body. Which is exactly what you're looking for!

Top Bottom