Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg work after hip joint replacement

thelion2005

HRT keeps me young!
EF VIP
I underwent complete right hip joint replacement on Sept 23. Here I am thinking about a new lower body routine.I will not become half-a-body and avoid leg work when I am released to train again October 6. And I will protect this new part. Not going to dislocate or break it.

I will have a PT for 3 times a day, 6 weeks. But unless he is (was) a squater, we won't be on the same page.

I can see that calf raises are in. Might lower the weight and slow down the action. As are ham curls and front extensions. Slow and steady.

But ... what squat? I have to keep away from that joint and bomb the quads. I'm not supposed to break 90 degrees knee to hip to shoulder.

What about Hacks? Back flat on sled, pads on shoulders, foot platform and rails set at 90 ..... Your opinion?

And what ab exercises? I used to do hanging leg lifts with weights on ankles .... and declines with 50 lb plate on chest. What now??

leg extensions, leg curls, seated / standing calf raises

If i was gonna do squats i would probably have a very narrow stance so you're very tight in your stance.

If i was gonna do squats i would probably have a very narrow stance so you're very tight in your stance.

I used to do squats with feet touching each other for a while. Doesn't get any narrower. You still put considerable pressure on the hips.

I 100% wouldn't ask this on a public forum, try emailing Clarance Bass who had the op himself recently and documents it here

hip replacement

nice find tweakle! Great advice too. I'd definitely hit up that email, thelion. If he doesn't respond by say, 2 weeks then try again.

I used to do squats with feet touching each other for a while. Doesn't get any narrower. You still put considerable pressure on the hips.

My thinking behind it is i know from experience a wide stance involves hips more so if he takes it in narrow it will put more pressure on his quads and hams.

Top Bottom