Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg Training Volume

powerup79

Good Broly
Platinum
Just curious what is everyone's weekly leg training volume. More so for advanced lifters... I always feel like I have a hard time regulating leg training, I always fear looking like a guy that skips like that so I feel like at times I write programs that over train my legs and I'm never fully recovered.... Then I scale the volume back and I feel like I'm not doing enough... My current mesocycle lake training looks like this I would love to hear some input and also know what your current split looks like just for legs... And I'm not talking calves I train them separately Hit them about 14 sets a week My calves require a lot but I think that's the norm for most people... I'm talking about quads hamstrings glutes... One thing I will say is I cannot deadlift because I have two herniated disc in my back. But here is my current leg training volume.

Sunday
4 sets of squats
2 sets of leg extensions

Thursday
2 sets weighted dumbbell lunges
3 sets glute/ham raise

Actually as I write that out I know that's just not enough... But when I start to add volume I feel like I'm under recovered. Would you add volume to the accessory list or the harder stuff like the squat and the lunges. Keep in mind these are all pretty hard sets and I'm taking near failure.

Yeah I just realized as I write that right there I got to change it up 11 sets of legs is just not enough.

Suggestions?

cdc37cbeeb2887ea68da4483d1487df9.jpg
696a4bd0526d35436e0b10d20b897037.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Just curious what is everyone's weekly leg training volume. More so for advanced lifters... I always feel like I have a hard time regulating leg training, I always fear looking like a guy that skips like that so I feel like at times I write programs that over train my legs and I'm never fully recovered.... Then I scale the volume back and I feel like I'm not doing enough... My current mesocycle lake training looks like this I would love to hear some input and also know what your current split looks like just for legs... And I'm not talking calves I train them separately Hit them about 14 sets a week My calves require a lot but I think that's the norm for most people... I'm talking about quads hamstrings glutes... One thing I will say is I cannot deadlift because I have two herniated disc in my back. But here is my current leg training volume.

Sunday
4 sets of squats
2 sets of leg extensions

Thursday
2 sets weighted dumbbell lunges
3 sets glute/ham raise

Actually as I write that out I know that's just not enough... But when I start to add volume I feel like I'm under recovered. Would you add volume to the accessory list or the harder stuff like the squat and the lunges. Keep in mind these are all pretty hard sets and I'm taking near failure.

Yeah I just realized as I write that right there I got to change it up 11 sets of legs is just not enough.

Suggestions?

I would do more squats, really push squats hard, and add some deadlifts

squats and deads is the way I would go

Legs look solid brother. For me, squats are king so I would just do more sets of that to start. Lunges are awesome and you can also incorporate some leg extensions/curls.

the guy got you here, mods good info and i agree with all the vets here

Top Bottom