Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg routine help

M

*MissFit*

Hey,

Heres what i do currently do

Squats with the smith machine;
50lbs x15
60lbs x15
70lb x 15
70lbs x 15
60lbs x15
50lbs x15

Leg press 3 sets
200lbs

leg raises 4 sets
60lbs x 15

hamstring curl 4 sets
70lbs x 15

Calve raises 3 sets
175lbs x 15

Anyhow.. why im posting is my calves and my quads seem to be great and my ass is well defined.. but my hamstrings r kind of lagging.. I have great definition between my butt and the hams but they r smaller in comparison to the rest of my legs..

I don't want to build anymore size overall.. actually wouldnt mind my quads losing some..

Any suggestions

Loose the leg raises and swap it for straight legged deadlifts on a box so you can get a really good range of motion. Also on your squats loose the smith machine and try a full squat going all the way down until your but hits your ankles that will get your hams more into it. Most woman (not saying you) do the smith with their feet way out in front of them and their back straight which does nothing for the hams. Taking the smith machine away will force your body into more of a natural position and bring your back forward a lot more and force your hams to stabilize your body and be utilized a lot more than normal.

Screw al of these isolation exercises and do ATF 'free' squats which will hit the glutes and hams and quads together.

id agree with some of the other responses... with the smith machine for squats and only doing leg curls for hamstrings, your really just not working your hamstrings that much! your working the quads WAY more, which is probably why they are dominant.

you could work them more many ways, one would be to lose the smith machine on the squat, one would be to add a hamstring exercise like romanian deadlifts (thats the best IMO) or stiff legged deadlifts... or something like a glute ham raise, although unless you work out in a gym geared toward strength training i would doubt you would have the proper equipment to do those. they are great if you can do them, though.

*MissFit* said:
Hey,

Heres what i do currently do

Squats with the smith machine;
50lbs x15
60lbs x15
70lb x 15
70lbs x 15
60lbs x15
50lbs x15

Leg press 3 sets
200lbs

leg raises 4 sets
60lbs x 15

hamstring curl 4 sets
70lbs x 15

Calve raises 3 sets
175lbs x 15

Anyhow.. why im posting is my calves and my quads seem to be great and my ass is well defined.. but my hamstrings r kind of lagging.. I have great definition between my butt and the hams but they r smaller in comparison to the rest of my legs..

I don't want to build anymore size overall.. actually wouldnt mind my quads losing some..

Any suggestions

Yah i can't squat without it my legs shake

but i do go really low and my legs r usually right under the bar.. i do a mix of close together and far apart.. meaning legs together and farther apart.

The muscle that is in my ham is strong.. and solid.. just not as developed as my quads

cubuff27 said:
Loose the leg raises and swap it for straight legged deadlifts on a box so you can get a really good range of motion. Also on your squats loose the smith machine and try a full squat going all the way down until your but hits your ankles that will get your hams more into it. Most woman (not saying you) do the smith with their feet way out in front of them and their back straight which does nothing for the hams. Taking the smith machine away will force your body into more of a natural position and bring your back forward a lot more and force your hams to stabilize your body and be utilized a lot more than normal.

i thought they were only good for your butt.. but yes
HumanTarget said:
ever do pelvic tilts? with or without weight, they can help.

I go to a pure mens gym.. they'res everything there
glennpendlay said:
id agree with some of the other responses... with the smith machine for squats and only doing leg curls for hamstrings, your really just not working your hamstrings that much! your working the quads WAY more, which is probably why they are dominant.

you could work them more many ways, one would be to lose the smith machine on the squat, one would be to add a hamstring exercise like romanian deadlifts (thats the best IMO) or stiff legged deadlifts... or something like a glute ham raise, although unless you work out in a gym geared toward strength training i would doubt you would have the proper equipment to do those. they are great if you can do them, though.

*MissFit* said:
i thought they were only good for your butt.. but yes
i did them with my feet up on a bench with a plate in my lap. that's when Grampa was younger and more flexible.

Top Bottom