Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg Extensions and knee pain? Bad or good?

Jacob95632

Okay so I had a job for about 2 years where I was always on my feet and doing lots of walking. Sometime during my time there I started developing knee pain and discomfort, not super severe but I can definetly feel it. I bought some Glucosamine and Chondroitin and hopefully that will help a little but I also would like to try doing leg extension exercises. I had a friend who said that he had really messed up knees and that once he started doing leg extensions his knee pain completely went away. I have read mixed things on the internet about them being good and bad for the knees. My plan is going to be to use extremely light weight, doing slow controlled reps going up as well as on my way down. Obviously doing them too heavy or explosively is going to stress the joint, but do you think if I do them light weight and slow/controlled it will be able to help me and my knee pain? I am not using this to get strong muscles or to gain weight, I'm doing this for the sole purpose of reducing my knee pain. Please let me know what you guys think.

Leg extensions are not great for your knees. They put a lot of stress on your anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).

That whole 'squats being bad for your knees' thing is total bro science. The squat is actually a hip dominant exercise. If you are squatting properly, it is perfectly safe and one of the best exercises you can do to strengthen your legs and knees. Focus on keep the weight in your heels when you squat. A lot of people drive through their toes when squatting but that is the wrong way to squat. You want to keep the weight in your heels.

Just a tip, glucosamine and chondroitin are good supplements to take but in my opinion, the best joint supplement stack you can put together is:
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]5 tablets n2joint rx from n2bm.com + 25mg ostarine from sarms1.com + 3-6g of a high quality fish oil per day[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]http://needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Health-And-Wellness/N2Joint-RX-p319.html[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]http://www.evolutionary.org/ostarine-mk-2866-anabolic-steroids/[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]This will actually help heal and repair your joints and ligaments, along with reducing pain and inflammation.

N2joint RX is a much more complete joint supplement then just glucosamine and chondroitin.
[/FONT]

Leg extensions are not great for your knees. They put a lot of stress on your anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).

That whole 'squats being bad for your knees' thing is total bro science. The squat is actually a hip dominant exercise. If you are squatting properly, it is perfectly safe and one of the best exercises you can do to strengthen your legs and knees. Focus on keep the weight in your heels when you squat. A lot of people drive through their toes when squatting but that is the wrong way to squat. You want to keep the weight in your heels.

Just a tip, glucosamine and chondroitin are good supplements to take but in my opinion, the best joint supplement stack you can put together is:
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]5 tablets n2joint rx from n2bm.com + 25mg ostarine from sarms1.com + 3-6g of a high quality fish oil per day[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]http://needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Health-And-Wellness/N2Joint-RX-p319.html[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]http://www.evolutionary.org/ostarine-mk-2866-anabolic-steroids/[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]This will actually help heal and repair your joints and ligaments, along with reducing pain and inflammation.

N2joint RX is a much more complete joint supplement then just glucosamine and chondroitin.
[/FONT]

interesting , thanks for your input. Do you think that I might have developed some arthritis in my time with that job? Can the supplement stack you mentioned "heal" arthritis? Also, how much would it cost to get the stack you mentioned?

interesting , thanks for your input. Do you think that I might have developed some arthritis in my time with that job? Can the supplement stack you mentioned "heal" arthritis? Also, how much would it cost to get the stack you mentioned?

This is a hella good stack for the joints. For many years I have been having some serious tennis elbow issues, which would not allow me to workout. In fact, the pain would sometimes get so intense, that I could not even open a door. During all those years nothing would help me. Then I have tried the stack of ostarine and N2Joint RX, and let me tell you that I was amazed with the results. My elbows got well rather fast, and now they feel like new. Basically, thanks to this stack I was able to start working out with full force again.

Therefore, I can personally vouch for the effectiveness of this stack. Wish I knew back than that I could also stack in there some Nutrobal Mk-677 for more enhanced results - who know, maybe my recovery would go even faster.

As for the exercises, no matter the precise exercises that you are going to do, you need to be gradual. Don't go with heavy weights, and rather do more reps with lighter reps, and be very gradual when increasing them.

The extensions might help you develop muscle and tendons around the knee which could benefit you in the long run. But keep in mind the weights and training volume have to start very very low and simple. If you start bashing heavy weights on extensions, you will mess up your knees even more

I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand by doing the leg extensions and strengthening the muscles around the knee you will be better able to support your body. On the other hand you risk further injury by training at all. I think if it was me I would focus on the healing aspect first and not lifting. I would run a few things mentioned above like N2JointRX, Ostarine, nutrobal, and take 10g of fish oil per day.

How long would I need to take the stack in order for me knees to heal? Keep in mind my knees aren't super fucked up, but I do get some discomfort when lifting and exercising.

I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand by doing the leg extensions and strengthening the muscles around the knee you will be better able to support your body. On the other hand you risk further injury by training at all. I think if it was me I would focus on the healing aspect first and not lifting. I would run a few things mentioned above like N2JointRX, Ostarine, nutrobal, and take 10g of fish oil per day.

So I should add nutrobal to the N2J + Osterine stack?

Also, are there any foods I can eat while running this stack to increase their effectiveness at repairing the joints?

I have had a few clients with knee pain before.

The most common cause is chondromalacia patella.

If that's the case, avoid squatting/leg pressing movements. Do only isometrics for your quads, glutes, adductors and abdustors. You can also do high rep (15-20 reps) leg extensions but only the last 30 degrees (i.e. close to your leg being straight).

Glucosamin sulfate, curcumin phytosome and fish oil can help.

Top Bottom