Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg Extensions....

squatpuke

I've typically done these towards the end of my Leg Routine...however, since I've been bombing out on Squats, Leg Presses, Hacks, SLDL, Leg Curls...I'm not sure I see the need.

I think they have help me out with some tendonitis problems in my knees...however, that isn't a current problem.

I usually do them single leg and hold the last rep (usually number 6 or 8) for a few seconds....then immediately switch legs for 6-8 and hold, then switch, then switch, then switch, etc. w/o getting off the seat....

Are LE's really any good? I've heard they can actually be BAD for your knees...

Thoughts?

I had a really dicky knee a long time ago. It was during a layoff from the gym and I got myself back into the gym and did leg extensions to work the area. It did the trick for me.

These days I tend to avoid the leg extension as I feel a lot of stress on the joint from the exercise. Maybe there are variations in machines leading to different stresses.

I do 4 moderate sets prior to squatting. I consider it all a warmup.

I've heard from more than one physical thereapist that LE's are bad for knees, but I don't know exactly why.

I've not used this useless machine since '02

Either you don't use much weight and it's useless or you put some decent weight and it can be stressful for your knees

Top Bottom