Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg drive with one leg...lol

b fold the truth

Elite Strongman
Platinum
Did some DE upper today...lol. It was strange doing bench press after getting used to using my leg drive a lot...and only being able to use one leg for leg drive.

I did my speed bench with 225 for 9 sets of 3...felt super easy. I put some athletic tape on my wrists and a piece across my left bicep tendon...really seemed to help or maybe it was in my mind. Maybe it was because I didn't squat yesterday too...

I also put some athletic tape across the two major spots around my knee that is hurting. Once I got warmed up I didn't have any pain but did notice some very light swelling after I was done. I measured and there was less than 1/4" of swelling (difference between the two knee measurements).

Sorry...went off on a tangent...

Bench 405 x 2, you can see that I could only drive with my leg with my left leg

90 pound Chin (plus 285-290 bodyweight) lol...didn't get far...lol

90 pound Chin
Chins%2090.JPG

45 pound Chin
Chins%2045.JPG

60 pound 2 board pinch grip
Pinch%20grip%2060%201.JPG

Pinch%20grip%2060%202.JPG

Rest, stretching, ice NSAIDS, prayer, stomach rolling...

B True

good work.......... i like your form on the chins.

question.......... how come so slow on the negative for bench???

X

Exodus said:
good work.......... i like your form on the chins.

question.......... how come so slow on the negative for bench???

X

Not sure why everyone says that...it is a lot faster that it used to be for sure. It is 405 man...am I expected to take it down super fast?

I really can't see how people can take down a heavy weight and keep it under controll if it is super fast...

B True

man, i really hate to hear that your still having problems with that leg. I hope it gets better soon. are you icing it or using heating pad or anything? good luck bro.

kingc_79 said:
man, i really hate to hear that your still having problems with that leg. I hope it gets better soon. are you icing it or using heating pad or anything? good luck bro.

Ice 4x a day, ibuprofen, biofreeze, absorbine jr, etc...

ROM is getting better though...

B True

b fold the truth said:

Ice 4x a day, ibuprofen, biofreeze, absorbine jr, etc...

ROM is getting better though...

B True

good to hear bro, keep it up it'll be better in no time

b fold the truth said:

Not sure why everyone says that...it is a lot faster that it used to be for sure. It is 405 man...am I expected to take it down super fast?

I really can't see how people can take down a heavy weight and keep it under controll if it is super fast...

B True

ok i guess that makes sense. im just always thinking speed speed speed. so on max or really heavy attempts, lower it slower then shove fast???

X

Exodus said:

ok i guess that makes sense. im just always thinking speed speed speed. so on max or really heavy attempts, lower it slower then shove fast???

X

Well...put 155-185 on the bar and do it as fast as you can... Rest a few minutes then put 275-300 on there and see if your negative speed is the same. I've always been stronger at a slightly slower speed than my speed sets. As the weight feels lighters I can take it faster...

B True

Top Bottom