Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg drive with one leg...lol

b fold the truth said:

Well...put 155-185 on the bar and do it as fast as you can... Rest a few minutes then put 275-300 on there and see if your negative speed is the same. I've always been stronger at a slightly slower speed than my speed sets. As the weight feels lighters I can take it faster...

B True

i guess that makes sense. im my secrets of wsb bench press videos has highlights and they all bring the bar down slow. i just figured becuase everyone was doing over 600lbs plus the bench shirt......... but i guess its eaiser to keep your form with heavy weight on the way down if you go slower. that probably explains tuesday. i benched 185 for 10 sets of 3. then 275 x 1. and missed 295. i was still going fast. or trying to anyways.

thank you , oh great one.

X

When I bench I lower heavy attempts as slow as you do B, it helps me keep everything tight and my form is better. I would be careful doing anything heavy...you would be amazed how fast you'll fall apart once your body starts to compensate for one injury.....

IronLion said:
When I bench I lower heavy attempts as slow as you do B, it helps me keep everything tight and my form is better. I would be careful doing anything heavy...you would be amazed how fast you'll fall apart once your body starts to compensate for one injury.....

ok, this is making much more sense. so with wsb we train 8-10 sets of 3 going as fast possible to teach speed. but that speed is meant for the postive, not the negative. Forgive me for sounding ignorant. thanks b and ironcubby

X

B fold, I have a question for you. I am kinda new to the board, and not very familiar with "leg drive". Whats this all about? Thanks

Josh

b fold the truth said:

Ice 4x a day, ibuprofen, biofreeze, absorbine jr, etc...

ROM is getting better though...

B True

I heard ibuprofen was bad for muscle development... What are your views on this? Im dying for some :p

Prime Rib said:
B fold, I have a question for you. I am kinda new to the board, and not very familiar with "leg drive". Whats this all about? Thanks

Josh

Well, save that video of me bencing 405. My right knee is killing me and I had to physically 'place' it where I wanted it but could not push with it. I could push with my left leg only and you can see that the left arm went up first on the 2nd rep of the bench.

What I do is keep my heels buried into the floor as I take the bar down and keep a constant pressure. When I start to press up I extend with my quads while driving my heels into the ground and it really helps shoot the bar up. That video shows that you need leg drive...and I only had 1 leg to use...

B True

megad said:

I heard ibuprofen was bad for muscle development... What are your views on this? Im dying for some :p

Well...an injury is bad for muscle development too.

You can't tell me that taking 2 ibuprofen before my workout or after for that matter is going to affect my muscular development any more than not training at all...

I have used DMSO from time to time (my parents love the stuff) for sore joints but I hate smelling like the stuff and I actually like the capiscain (sp) products better. I've never used the EquiBlock stuff that they sell on there...I'd like some though.

Even if I blocked the pain in my knee enough...it would not be SAFE for me to squat...yet.

B True

b fold the truth said:
Did some DE upper today...lol. It was strange doing bench press after getting used to using my leg drive a lot...and only being able to use one leg for leg drive.

Believe me I can relate. Didn't get any drive out of my left leg on Tuesday.

Don't call it a come back....:fro:

Top Bottom