Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Left knee hurts with squat?

bgbay

Hey guys

So I'm warming up the other day to do some squats and I just had like two 25's on the bar and was going nice and slow and when I came up I noticed a sharpe, weird pain in like a line right down the front of my knee cap(inside). Hope this makes sense. I hurt it a while ago in a bjj competition but took time off and rested it and strengthed it. I watched a lot of videos and I strive to have proper form for my squats. Any idea what this could be? Is it serious? and can I do anything to prevent it in the future.

Thanks a million

Hey guys

So I'm warming up the other day to do some squats and I just had like two 25's on the bar and was going nice and slow and when I came up I noticed a sharpe, weird pain in like a line right down the front of my knee cap(inside). Hope this makes sense. I hurt it a while ago in a bjj competition but took time off and rested it and strengthed it. I watched a lot of videos and I strive to have proper form for my squats. Any idea what this could be? Is it serious? and can I do anything to prevent it in the future.

Thanks a million

You may need some knee wraps while squatting.
or one of those neoprene/ace bandage type sleeves
too keep the knee tight. Back off the weight for awhile too.

I had some knee pain before at that time I didn’t even squat much so I took time off and helped but not too much so I start doing light weight squat making sure to have perfect form not putting too much pressure on the knee but deep in of to build strong solid muscles around it. That was good for me and squatting now more then I injured with but still feel some pain time to time

yeah I mean, 50lbs isn't a lot. I was kinda bummed because I actually love to squat. have to stick to bulgarians for now lol

Knees are easy to injure, and are complicated. Obviously only a qualified doctor can say what's wrong (if anything), but you might try adding supplements such as Glucosamine or other joint-supporting substances. I use Adequan injections, but that's a little expensive, and you need to verify what the condition you have is, before doing anything that radical.

Some common knee problems in active people include irritation and swelling due to small injury, burrs or scar tissue causing grinding of the joint, damaged ligaments causing instability (resulting in grinding or pain & pinching), or a viral or bacterial infection of the joint fluid. When I have an acute knee pain, I use common sense and go easy on it for a few days to see if it improves, gets worse, or stays the same. I ride motocross, so I hurt my knees constantly, and have more experience than I'd like to have, LOL... For that reason, I gave up squats as part of my workouts. In stead, I use a leg extension bench and a leg curl machine.

Charles

if it hurts, then don't do it.

by hurt i mean something like this with the joints, tendons, ligaments.

muslce pain from pushing yourself is totally acceptable.

also many lifters have poor diet, are you eating enough omega 6? are you eating/drinking inflammatory things like milk for example? where is your fish oil in your arsenal?
this will help your situation immensely.

I eat Tuna every day for lunch and take 3 fish oil caps every day. 1 at breakfast, 1 at liunch, 1 at supper.

Top Bottom