Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

LeanMeanHockeyMachine's Off-Season Training Journal

I make sure to stretch after every session, flexibility is very important for hockey, and especially for injury prevention. I have a question, I did all those leg exercises on monday like the squats, leg press etc. and I went pretty heavy, yet my quads are not at all sore, just my glutes. Is that caused by poor technique?

What position you play? Just curious. I play as well. Played ice hockey for 6 years, went into the Marines, missed out on hockey for 2 years, but my new duty station has a roller hockey team. We lost our Conf finals in OT.

I'm taking a week off from training this week, b/c the last week of the playoffs consisted of 3 games in as many days. Tore the fuck out of my shoulder. I'm in the process of putting together a routine to be better for next season. Take info from these guys on the board and adapt it accordingly.

I play forward, any position left right or center, I'm most comfortable with center though. I've been playing for 7 years, last year I played Midget AAA (Highest level for players ages 16-18 besides Juniors). In a few years I want to move to the junior level and maybe college in the not so distant future.

LeanMeanHockeyMachine said:
I play forward, any position left right or center, I'm most comfortable with center though. I've been playing for 7 years, last year I played Midget AAA (Highest level for players ages 16-18 besides Juniors). In a few years I want to move to the junior level and maybe college in the not so distant future.

Cool Bro, if i were you i would try to get in as a walk on or something for an OHL or WHL team..I played in a US prep school but should have played Jr A..good luck

Wednesday Day 2 Week 1

Today I didn't have access to a weight room so I did the best I could. I did a lot of push ups, ab, quick feet and explosive pylometric exercises. Once the summer starts I'll have time to go to a gym but school and other commitments are keeping me busy. It was a good workout, there's a few thing that I need to work on, like keeping my balance on one legged hops.

Tom Treutlein said:
You grow outside of the gym, not in. 3 days a week is plenty. Look at some of the training routines in the sticky at the top of the board. DC and HST go into M/W/F splits nicely. You can fit a 5x5 routine into that. You can try Corn's Old-School Routine.

You may grow outside the gym, but only if you put in some brutal work inside the gym.

49062thumb.jpg

Top Bottom