Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lat pull down machine or wide grip pull ups?

try more of a narrower grip, its helped my sholder.

I have always preferred wide-grip pull ups. I feel that it works better. I sometimes use pull downs for burnouts with lighter weights after my pull ups. I feel that pull ups are great for functional strength as well as for back width.

chins are a hard and rugged movement that isnt too good on your shoulders if your heavy or just weak and cant do many reps.

I like 'em but I heard from dave palumbo they put lots of stress on your shoulders exspecially when you stretch

Extra close grip pulldowns work back very good, it doesnt bother shoulders as much and the ROM is greater when you get past your chin on the way down

Hi! You should concentrate on making wide-grip chins the staple movement and then do pull-downs for variety every once in a while. The wide-grip chins are a more involved movement (and harder) working more back muscles than the easier pull downs. If you can work yourself up to doing 3-4 sets of wide-grip chins for 12-15 reps on your last set, then believe me, you will be well on your way to having an awesome back!

I hope this will help you out! For more fitness tips, advice and info, feel free to visit my personal training website @ http://members.shaw.ca/muscleman/

-Todd

Top Bottom