Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lagging upper body, oak legs

silver_shadow

my legs are by far the strongest and biggest body part and chest is last- arms, shoulders and back are ok. so i have a slight low centre of gravity appearance! anyway- while on cycle i can safely avoid heavy leg workouts and concentrate on upper body and this has somewhat corrected the imbalance. but what abt when i am natty which i plan to be for some time before even considering my next cycle. i have been under the impression that i should work out legs heavy off cycle so as to release the max endo test. the result is that my legs continue to gain faster than my upper body and i continue with the imbalance. :mad:
what the hell do i do? given that legs are the biggest body part, do i have to really work them out to make the rest of my body grow or can i go very easy on them for some time? how do i add inches to my upper body without adding double that to my legs while off cycle? :confused:

Id say fuck proportion and symmetry. If your legs get twice as big and your upper body does as well, Id say you got your full moneys worth.You could always neglect the legs or train them light if they get "too big" and just focus on the upper body more. JMO =)

priority training
train all your upper body at the beginging of your split, legs should be at the end
(i'm guessing you are bodybuilding, not a strongman or powerlifter)
if you use a carb rotation diet, set it up so legs are on a low carb day

a couple of ways to look at it

Same thing happens to me. A few months ago I gave equal attention to upper and lower body. I posted my pics on this board, and everyone commented that most of my gains were in the legs. So I took 3 months and concentrated on upper body, and trained lower body with only light weights. I ended up putting 30 pounds on my bench, and my legs shrank. Now my bench max is very close to my dead and squat maxes, so I decided to go back to training everything heavy. I'm guessing my legs will catch up fast and outdo the upper body again. Oh well :)

Top Bottom