Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lagging muscle group and improving it's motor activation

D

dalas

hey everyone

we know that motor activating problems are the mian reasons for lagging muscle groups. (of course assuming diet, training every other thing in order. )

now, at 205 10-11% and 6-4 i only have 15' flexed arms.

i can squat 400 about 8 times . 220 benches are piece of cake. i can military press my bodyweight.(without doing direct shoulder work except lateral raises)

i am very sure that diet, training everything is in order. i have very fast responding legs, glutes ,shoulders and fast responding abs and calves

chest and back is also responding well when training is spot-on.

but arms almost never respond. i have gained barely half an inch even on a 13-week cycle!!!

now i cant write here everything but i am sure that i have poor motor unit activation in those areas.

and we all know that frequency is the key for motor qualities.

so how can i do that for arms??? i want to improve coordination as much as possible in the next few months so in the next cycle i can improve them much easierly.

maybe doing a set or two dips and curls everyday a few reps shy of failure??? 3-4 days a week ??

also can motor qualities improve in a tired mode?? (other words, can i perform arm work at the end of workout for motor improvements??)

thanks

Last edited:
could it be that you did a cycle without any reason? doing a cycle at 18 is not only a huge mistake, it's gonna screw you on your gains for the rest of your life.

as for growing, eat a shit load of food. seeing as how you're 6'4" 205 pounds after a cycle, you most likely arent getting enough calories. roids dont make you grow if you slack off everywhere else.

To increase motor recruitment you want to do the opposite of what you suggested. A motor unit is dependant on neural response that in turn activates muscle fiber. Muscle contraction relies on the ATP-PC energy system which lasts only a short period of time.

Therefore you want to do what powerlifters and other strength athletes do: many sets that are of short duration. You want to shoot for about 8 sets of 3. Sets should be no longer than 15 seconds and rest between sets as brief as practical. Weight should be at least 60% of 1 rep max.

Lifting fast is key. This causes the short term storage and release of energy that leads to improved muscle response.

This type of plan fits in easily with a heavy day/light day schedule. On your heavy day work your normal load until point of failure. Then on your lighter day you want to lift as fast as possible while still maintaining control. If you still have energy left after 8 sets you can work up to a heavy triple, double, or single as long as you can keep the weight moving fast.

thanks a lot fortunatesun

i remembered zatsiorsky s work on achieving maximal motor unit activation
1- lifting as fast as possible
2- maximal or close to maximal load
3- the last reps of bodybuilding type work

so 1 heavy and 1 light day would be good right????
also biceps curl for bi's and what about triceps?? would skull crushers fit well??
or do i have also have to change the exercises???

thanks

So you've done some reading on your own... :)
The problem with maximal loads, of course, is that it's hard to lift fast. That's why the 15 sec. window is used. Trading off this way allows for better results.
Last reps is why I suggested the split. Taking advantage of both dimensions.

Heavy/light is common but not necessary. For instance, Sheiko's (Boris, Russian weightlifting coach) programs are volume oriented- lot's of reps done in small sets. You can't get 'heavy' due to the total number of lifts. I've done the beginner (#29 & #37) programs. These are great for conditioning, both in general and as a foundation for further progress. Here's a link if you're interested in what they're structured like:
http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=54819&tid=138
This isn't bodybuilding, but it wouldn't be wasted effort.

It's important to get in some compound exercises in with this type of stuff. That's what's going to fire up the CNS. Afterwords, your isolation work on your arms is going to be much more effective. Curls and skullcrushers are good if you feel they work for you.

Curl grip chins and deadlifts for the biceps and grip.

Overhead presses or push presses for the triceps.

You're built like a spider and you'll need to do compound stuff to get the arms to grow.

Lee said:
could it be that you did a cycle without any reason? doing a cycle at 18 is not only a huge mistake, it's gonna screw you on your gains for the rest of your life.

as for growing, eat a shit load of food. seeing as how you're 6'4" 205 pounds after a cycle, you most likely arent getting enough calories. roids dont make you grow if you slack off everywhere else.

agreed. Stop wasting your money on anabolics until you learn how to eat...then spend the money on food!!!

edit : i talked rude then i realised it is not worth it.

just quick summary

EITHER HELP OR SHUT UP

Last edited:
EDIT: I WILL CONTINUE FROM PM

MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS TOPIC

Last edited:
Top Bottom