Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lagging bodyparts

emmab

how much should you focus on bodyparts (in my case arms) that lag behind. Is there a max number of times you should train them per week, and in the case of arms, should you do bis/tris together or bis/back and ches/tris?!?!?!?!

My friend prefers Bis/Tris

I prefer Chest/Tris

I recently started benching it works the try and chest already (never used to bench because I did chest/stomach and tris/back)
I like it alot. I also found that on back day my bis always caused me to stop doing my back before my lats gave out. So now I work back/bis on the same day I start w/ focus on my lats and back then move to bis. Previously I had always done bis the day before and it prevented me from doing chinups that hit the lats so well. I like the tri/chest back/bis split much better.

your arms get worked with almost every (if not every) upper body workout. I would suggest doing chest/tri's back/bi's use intensity techniques like drop sets, 21's, cheat curls followed by strict db curls, forced reps, etc. hit'm hard and furious, and go home and eat. it should not take any longer than 20-30 minutes to work either biceps or triceps, if it does your spending too much time.

I currently do arms together. For me the pump I get is outrageous. Engorging a given area with blood is an ideal enviornment for muscles to grow. Additionally, because you are working two small bodyparts the workout tends to be less taxing and very fun. If your arms are lacking try this. On chest day, when you are finished, try weighted dips(a compound movement) which in addition to hitting your lower pecs is a great overall tricep movement. Your tris will be tired already but will have to do most of the work since your chest has already been exhausted. On back day, when you are done, try chin ups. Again this is a compound movement which will finish of your back and will largely be dependent on whatever bicep strength you have left. Then you do arms on their own day. In theory you will hit bis/tris 2 times per week in a manner which I believe can greatly stimulate growth. Let me know if you try it and the results.LOL

Top Bottom