Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lactic Acid an Muscle Size/Strength - knowledgeable bros!

BOOEY

Banned
When training, especially when training legs, I notice that sometimes the lactic acid buildup in the muscle prevents me from executing more reps, rather than being unable to perform due to strength. For instance, when doing squats into the 12-15 rep range, I can't go on after 15, not because my strength won't allow me to, but because of the lactic acid buildup.

So my question is, what is the relationship, if any, between lactic acid buildup and muscle size or strength? If one's muscle is bigger, will it take longer for the lactic acid to completely fill the muscle?

Hypothetical: Two people are EQUALLY as strong (close to impossible, yes, but this is a hypothetical). Person A has bigger biceps than Person B. Will Person A be able to rep more with the same weight than Person B?

If so, although not directly, doesn't this prove a coorelation between muscle size and strength?

No, the amount of lactic acid in the muscle tissue is proportionate to the amount of cortisol released into the muscle tissue
So to the intensity

anthrax said:
No, the amount of lactic acid in the muscle tissue is proportionate to the amount of cortisol released into the muscle tissue
So to the intensity

Ok, so is the amount of cortisol released related to the size of the muscle, or the strength of the muscle fibers?

BOOEY said:
Ok, so is the amount of cortisol released related to the size of the muscle, or the strength of the muscle fibers?
it's relative to the intensity of your WO

But back to the hypothetical. If two people train at the same intensity, and they are equal in strength, will the person with the larger muscle be able to continue longer than the person with a smaller muscle? (by continuing longer, I mean in one set, not the entire workout)

the endurance related to the lactic acid involves your muscle fibers type I, you have to train yourself to resist the lactic acid. using higher reps (15 is ok). this is good cause it makes your muscles, ligaments and tendons more resiliant and this will help with heavier loads (its one of the HST bases btw)

btw, if the lactic acid is kicking in too soon you're probably not warming up decently. stretching also works

you mentioned having this problem when training legs, I do too. lactic acid is quickly removed from the muscle when you give it a small resting period. so if you're squatting and if you feel the burn, prolong the "rest" moment. that would be when you're completly standing up, works for me

edit: answering your main question, no. muscle size has nothing to do with how long the person can endure the pain caused by lactic acid

necr0potenc3 said:
the endurance related to the lactic acid involves your muscle fibers type I, you have to train yourself to resist the lactic acid. using higher reps (15 is ok). this is good cause it makes your muscles, ligaments and tendons more resiliant and this will help with heavier loads (its one of the HST bases btw)

btw, if the lactic acid is kicking in too soon you're probably not warming up decently. stretching also works

you mentioned having this problem when training legs, I do too. lactic acid is quickly removed from the muscle when you give it a small resting period. so if you're squatting and if you feel the burn, prolong the "rest" moment. that would be when you're completly standing up, works for me

edit: answering your main question, no. muscle size has nothing to do with how long the person can endure the pain caused by lactic acid

Thanks bro. Nice first post too! K your way

Top Bottom