Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Knees popping

Enock

The other day I was getting a spot for my squat (ATF style)

I was asked if I heard me knees popping I said no, but he said he heard them. Ok they musn't have been loud pops but it still couldn't have been good. I know its air being compressed and then escaping but is this something I should be concerned about? I'm trying to make sure my knees don't extend out beyond my toes but sometimes it does happen on later sets when I'm getting tired and the form gets a little worse.

I alternate between ATF style and powerlifter stytle and love them both.

I don't mean I alternate sets I alternate days.

next leg day will be the opposite style of the previous leg day.

Crepitus: Noisy knees are no reason for concern, UNLESS accompanied by pain and/or swelling.

996690549883_covers.jpg

if its happenning on ATF squats make sure its not due to you resting at the bottom where your calves touch your hams/ass. that means you are seperating the knee joint a bit which is why some dont do ATF squats. if its on the way up or down it could be one of many things. monitor it and if it feels like you are getting some soreness or "wearing" inside, change it up.

ok sweet, no pain no sworness or anything so I guess I'm good to go. I don't rest at the bottom but I'll keep that in mind be be extra sure I don't

Top Bottom