Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Knees past the toes ?

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
Recent studies seem to indicate that the knees could go past your toes w/o any damage for the knees

This is new since we've all hearded that we should never let our knees bend past our toes

Have you tried squating w/ your knees bending past your toes ?
Any opinion on this critical subject ?

yeah, i find it to be more natural for the knees to go over the toes, and i've been doing this, so far, no injuries, no pain.

there is a good illustration on fortified iron that shows that distributing the weight this way minimizes shearing forces at the knee.

i still say its bad form.

if you stick your ass it properly and keep your back as upright as possible, your knees shoudlnt be going over your toes..

also, if your not bending at the waist i dont see how youd be working ur ass or your hip flexors, instead if be working your ankles (i guess calves maybe?) and quads only.. just doesnt seem right

Really? I've found that if I'm to keep my knees from going over my toes, I basically need to bend my upper body forward more and bare more of the burden on my hips.

I know squat with knees-past-toes a bit and it puts more emphasis on my quads?

casualbb said:
Really? I've found that if I'm to keep my knees from going over my toes, I basically need to bend my upper body forward more and bare more of the burden on my hips.

I know squat with knees-past-toes a bit and it puts more emphasis on my quads?
i guess im weird, but id immagine that reguardless for everyone going past knees wouldnt hit the ass as hard? i dunno though

isnt this the difference between an OLY high bar squat and a PL style squat? sitting in the "pocket" vs moving the hips back as far as possible.

the main thing that increases risk is when the knee is "hinging" forward. its one thing to move in a controlled manner to lower and your knees go forward a bit, but bending at the knees first instead of the hips sets you up for a great deal of shearing forces. similar to when people do lunges incorrectly and "glide forward".

super_rice said:
yeah, i find it to be more natural for the knees to go over the toes, and i've been doing this, so far, no injuries, no pain.

there is a good illustration on fortified iron that shows that distributing the weight this way minimizes shearing forces at the knee.

If that's you in the avator you look pretty young. I do believe that making your knees go past your toes will make you more succeptable to a knee injury. I really believe practicing this form would put a lot of wear and tear on your knees. This is something you wouldn't feel today or tomorrow, but years from now. Just my 2cents lol.

Anthrax said:
Recent studies seem to indicate that the knees could go past your toes w/o any damage for the knees

This is new since we've all hearded that we should never let our knees bend past our toes

Have you tried squating w/ your knees bending past your toes ?
Any opinion on this critical subject ?

Where are these studies? Link?

Anthrax said:

Studies CAN prove anything. That is why there are always conflicting studies.

If you want to squat more...spread the weight out over your body.

I watch "Cuthbert/Linder" front squat 232 butt to the floor, paused at the bottom, for reps, like candy the other day. He sat BACK too.

B True

Top Bottom