x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Knees past the toes ?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Knees past the toes ? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Recent studies seem to indicate that the knees could go past your toes w/o any damage for the knees This is new since we've all hearded that we should never let our knees bend past our toes Have you tried squating w/ your knees bending past your toes ? Any opinion on this critical subject ?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Want a good body? Work at it. Want to be a success? Work at it. Want to be truly exceptional? Be a touch insane...You need a little bit of insanity to do great things

Knees past the toes ?

Recent studies seem to indicate that the knees could go past your toes w/o any damage for the knees

This is new since we've all hearded that we should never let our knees bend past our toes

Have you tried squating w/ your knees bending past your toes ?
    Any opinion on this critical subject ?
    If you don't shut your fucking mouth, I will kill you.

Sport, truth, like art, is in the eye of the beholder. You believe what you choose and I'll believe what I know.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice;
    it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Amateur Bodybuilder

Re: Knees past the toes ?

you should distribute the weight over the knees and hips, if it also means passing over the toes

yeah, i find it to be more natural for the knees to go over the toes, and i've been doing this, so far, no injuries, no pain.

there is a good illustration on fortified iron that shows that distributing the weight this way minimizes shearing forces at the knee.

Da Pope

i still say its bad form.

if you stick your ass it properly and keep your back as upright as possible, your knees shoudlnt be going over your toes..

also, if your not bending at the waist i dont see how youd be working ur ass or your hip flexors, instead if be working your ankles (i guess calves maybe?) and quads only.. just doesnt seem right

Really? I've found that if I'm to keep my knees from going over my toes, I basically need to bend my upper body forward more and bare more of the burden on my hips.

I know squat with knees-past-toes a bit and it puts more emphasis on my quads?

Da Pope

Quote Quote posted by casualbb
    Really? I've found that if I'm to keep my knees from going over my toes, I basically need to bend my upper body forward more and bare more of the burden on my hips.

I know squat with knees-past-toes a bit and it puts more emphasis on my quads?
    i guess im weird, but id immagine that reguardless for everyone going past knees wouldnt hit the ass as hard? i dunno though

isnt this the difference between an OLY high bar squat and a PL style squat? sitting in the "pocket" vs moving the hips back as far as possible.

the main thing that increases risk is when the knee is "hinging" forward. its one thing to move in a controlled manner to lower and your knees go forward a bit, but bending at the knees first instead of the hips sets you up for a great deal of shearing forces. similar to when people do lunges incorrectly and "glide forward".

Good Broly

Quote Quote posted by super_rice
    yeah, i find it to be more natural for the knees to go over the toes, and i've been doing this, so far, no injuries, no pain.

there is a good illustration on fortified iron that shows that distributing the weight this way minimizes shearing forces at the knee.

If that's you in the avator you look pretty young. I do believe that making your knees go past your toes will make you more succeptable to a knee injury. I really believe practicing this form would put a lot of wear and tear on your knees. This is something you wouldn't feel today or tomorrow, but years from now. Just my 2cents lol.

Chemical Wizard

Quote Quote posted by Anthrax
    Recent studies seem to indicate that the knees could go past your toes w/o any damage for the knees

This is new since we've all hearded that we should never let our knees bend past our toes

Have you tried squating w/ your knees bending past your toes ?
    Any opinion on this critical subject ?
    Where are these studies? Link?

Elite Strongman b fold the truth's Avatar

Quote Quote posted by Anthrax
    Studies CAN prove anything. That is why there are always conflicting studies.

If you want to squat more...spread the weight out over your body.

I watch "Cuthbert/Linder" front squat 232 butt to the floor, paused at the bottom, for reps, like candy the other day. He sat BACK too.

B True

''Teach my children to love! They'll learn to hate on their own.''
    ''One thing is certian,You can't shake hands with a fist''
    ''It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; its the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.''

"ABSOLUTELY!!! I wouldn't take 4 days off of work to go support the men if I wasn't getting paid!"
    .....Jill Mills...World's Strongest Woman