Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Knees are killing me on leg days.

I'm 48 and having knee problems too. It started a couple of months ago after a run on mountain trails that were pretty icy. I haven't been able to squat heavy (for me) ever since. Even deadlifts cause pain.
I have an appointment with sports therapist next week.
I'll start taking fish oil again. I've tried many kinds and they all eventually repeat on me.
What are some good leg exercises that won't cause pain?

I am about a year into serious training after nearly 4 years off. I will be 47 this year and my knees are hating it on leg day. Is there anything that anyone is taking that helps out? Glucosamine?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EliteFitness

I haven't even read the rest of the thread , but I bet
You're probably doing squats and where your stopping is probably above parallel and your knees are probably in front of your feet

What is your form like? If you stop before parallel then all the weight is transferred to your knees.. o have never had an issue squating ATG. Also don't need to go super heavy when squating ATG..

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using EliteFitness

No Steve not on heavy days at all. I do tho to get some dropped sets with light weight. I make sure my heals are in front of my shoulders to ease the stress on my joints when I do.

hard to judge your form without seeing it first hand.

its one of those things that you have to listen to your body. less weight is good. trying other exercises for your legs is good.

you might want to try the machines instead of squats for a while. the one where you sit down with your legs up and push up against gravity. not sure whats its called but i see guys using it who don't squat.

personally squats, deadlifts, leg extensions.. and then calf/mid work is what i knock out on leg days. its a helluva tough workout. keep in mind also if you are tall its more likely you will have joint issues. us shorter guys push a lot more weight than taller guys for our size for that reason. just the way it is .. you rarely see powerlifters that are tall for a reason, thats one of them.

If you are squatting, focus on sitting your butt down first, like you are going to sit in a chair, this helps keep your knees from going over your toes.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using EliteFitness

Sounds like your form might need some work, start with your hips, don't let your knees move inward or outward, and keep the weight on your heels. If possible, make a video of yourself squatting and get a form check

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Sounds like your form might need some work, start with your hips, don't let your knees move inward or outward, and keep the weight on your heels. If possible, make a video of yourself squatting and get a form check

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Best advice here so far...
You BREAK at the HIPS. Never make your initial decent by bending the knees... The knees will follow.. Get into the hole and all the stress WILL be on your glutes and hams...
You shopuld really post a vid...

Steve I hear you. I will have my buddy check my form on Thursday. I upped my fish oil and already and feel a difference. I am thinking my form can be off because of my calf it still a little tender. I think I may have to stop squatting for now.

ive had knee pains not a long while ago

the pains disappeared when i stretched quads hammies and glutes. stiff and hardened muscles will cause joint pains

Top Bottom