Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Knee problem from squatting

nodiggitydave

Sucks.

I don't know if it's anything to be worried about.

Everytime I climb up stairs, as soon as the weight of my body transfers to my right leg, my knee clicks, and sort of feels like a slight downward movement happens. This happens on every single step and it's been happening for a week now. My friend suggested I might be having some cartilidge trouble and I can't find anything related on the internet.

I'm not in any pain at all during squatting..

I should probably mention I've been doing running as cardio lately.

I'm not used to it and i'm carrying a bit of extra weight (210lb)

running is much higher impact on the knees than SQ'ing....try switching to an elliptical or stair climber for a bit....

my right knee has been clicking since I was a kid. If there is no pain, I wouldn't worry about it. just stretch your legs good every day or other day. The stretching helps the knees.

If it is new... get it MRI'd. I tore my meniscus and frayed my ACL about a year and a half ago. Muscular legs can hide knee injuries. Basically, most people don't have the kind of muscles serious lifters do... and muscle supports your knee. Some people with knee injuries can regain functional knees just by building their legs up.

The downside of this is that the same muscle that gives you extra support can also hide a knee injury.

If you are suddenly clicking... you need to get a doc to exam the stability in your knee and x-ray... possibly MRI to see if he can see separation.

Top Bottom