Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Knee cap about to explode under the squat

blood_drinker

My knees are starting to give me probs while squatting. In the actual exercise, it's a feeling of slight tension, but when i stop and start walking, they shake and I feel this is the limit and I have to take a break from squatting. What do you think.

Do you use any kind of knee wraps or braces right now?

I bouhgt these really good ones with a hole for the knee cap/ patella, I don't go heavy without them, and they help with tension a lot.

I'm with him....some knee wraps would probably do the trick.....you might wanna try to put some type of heat on your knee's after you do squats so your muscles and tendons stay loose and don't tighten up to much. If you try both of these and the problem persists you should probably go see the doctor.

when you are comming up from the bottom of the squat what way do your knees go?

if they are pulling in inward.......lose some weight and get your form down

you could save your knee caps.

mine use to feel like that too, then I worked on form and lost a little weight...but now i'm squatting more than I ever could.

Well they point straight out, but my feet keep getting off and point outwards, so at the top of the movement i keep forcing them back in. Maybe this is what fucks up knees right. I just realized this as i typed this. Possible?

I think it's very possible. It seems the closer together my knees are on a squat movement, the more strain on them. I don't go real wide on squats, but I definitely spread out my knees somewhat for that very reason.

general rule i have learnt is......
i doesnt matter which way your feet point.......just as long as your knee cap follows that direction

Try this

Are you doing suats with your heals elevated? I used to for years with no problems and then BAM! Knee pain. So bad I would limp sometimes the next day. I went to a dr. and he said lay off suats and do something else. He meant permanently thoough. Not in my plans. I did leg presses and hack squats only for a while. One day I went back to squats with my feet flat on the floor and have never had any problems again.

Top Bottom