Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kino Mutai- biting & gouging

DANABOLIC55

or Kina Mutai

is the filipino art of biting and gouging. Yes...a biting art. There are transitions and drills just like any art. It is actually best used out of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. There are many anti-rape classes that are taught to women that use BJJ. I'm sorry, but a man hell bent on raping or hurting a woman is not gonna get out of her situtation via triangle choke or arm bar- most of the time. Anyway, if she bites ( & there is method to it) she can create enough distance using BJJ skills to get away. It is just as effective for men. I know it sounds crazy but it works. It is taught usually as a last resort for obvious reasons. But, if you can find a PFS JKD instructor in your area or a Kino Mutai inst, in your area, try it out. It doesn't take long to learn and it could mean the difference if you make it home or not.

In a real world "Fight for your life" situation, you have to do what you have to do. Anything goes.

PS: In the movie, "Chinese Connection" Bruce Lee bites a dude in the leg in order to get out of an ArmLock... it worked.

If the choke is correctly applied the guy´ll pass out and the girl can run. Biting, however, sounds much more fun.

Once I took a bite on the leg as I was armlocking a guy. He was my friend and I was showing him how to armlock. Muthafucka, I never felt such a big pain. He almost ripped off half of my left hamstring!

Frango said:
If the choke is correctly applied the guy´ll pass out and the girl can run. Biting, however, sounds much more fun.

Once I took a bite on the leg as I was armlocking a guy. He was my friend and I was showing him how to armlock. Muthafucka, I never felt such a big pain. He almost ripped off half of my left hamstring!

True.
But the ol' pick up and slam along with the strength differnece favors the man big time. And if he has a weapon hidden, he can grab it with the free hand.
I hear ya on the bite. When applied using the kino mutai method, you cannot escape the bite & it feels demoralizing and phycologically devastating. It may piss you off at first, but in a nanosecond that fight response goes away and you only want to get away ASAP.

after some words were exchanged about whose art was more realistic in terms of self defense, i witnessed a "professional" guy from this well known "fight" system get choked out a couple of months ago at his seminar by a training partner of mine. i guess you could say he was a little overconfident in terms of his biting skills.

DANABOLIC55 said:
or Kina Mutai

It is taught usually as a last resort for obvious reasons.

So the dude actually let the guy latch on with his teeth on any exposed body part- face, neck, nipples- pinch and tear like your supposed to and strike him in the groin with no cup like your supposed to?

I'll go back to the quote. A last resort. Best used out of BJJ- meaning: if you know bjj, awsome- you're far better off. If you don't , no big deal because the chances of finding yourself in a desperate self defense situation with a guy with knowledge on how to counter, slip arm bars, sweep and choke is extremely small. Most martial arts guys are respectable folks.

What "professsional" system was it?

Last edited:
yep, latched onto his pec. it was from the "pros" position of choice.

i think it is a good skill to learn, so that it becomes instinctive in a self defense situation for ladies especially.

i believe that the "pro" system was from a guy in east tn. sound familiar D?

Mr.HeavyDuty said:
yep, latched onto his pec. it was from the "pros" position of choice.

i think it is a good skill to learn, so that it becomes instinctive in a self defense situation for ladies especially.

i believe that the "pro" system was from a guy in east tn. sound familiar D?

Yeah i think so. Bruce something. I try to not whore around in all of JKD's political groups- most of them are a joke. That's pretty funny- yet gross. Was your boy bleeding from the bite? He should have collected the seminar money.

Definitely a self defense thing. For the ladies or when a dude has knife in your ribs laying on top of you talking shit in a whisper to you .

DANABOLIC55 said:
Definitely a self defense thing. For the ladies or when a dude has knife in your ribs laying on top of you talking shit in a whisper to you .

Anyone who is going to do you in with a weapon generally will not wave it around or announce what they are going to do unless their motive is something other than injuring or killing you. BJJ teaches arm control to avoid the weapon from being pulled in the first place. Biting is an option, but not as debilitating as chokeouts and broken bones. Don't think a grappler who knows how to control position isn't going to bite you. In all frankness if you encounter someone with a drawn weapon, you are probably in for a trip to the hospital no matter what art you practice.

Jacob Creutzfeldt said:
Anyone who is going to do you in with a weapon generally will not wave it around or announce what they are going to do unless their motive is something other than injuring or killing you. BJJ teaches arm control to avoid the weapon from being pulled in the first place. Biting is an option, but not as debilitating as chokeouts and broken bones. Don't think a grappler who knows how to control position isn't going to bite you. In all frankness if you encounter someone with a drawn weapon, you are probably in for a trip to the hospital no matter what art you practice.

I agree. But the bite is meant to give you a chance to get away or get your hips out to get away-not really meant to end the altercation. If anything, it will just piss the attacker off if you stick around to see what he does after you bite him.

Anyway, I really don't care either way. I was just saying there is an art out there that pratices biting and it could help in a sticky situation. The .40 cal in the pit of my back is what I would use anyway.

Top Bottom