Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kickbackzz, Pec Deckzz, and Flyezz

BiggT

Here is the link to my old journal.....

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6604714#post6604714

This will be a 3 week load on volume and I wanted to start a new journal for it because after a while, journals get hard for people following along to make sense out of them.

Sunday:

Behind-the-neck push press (5-5-5-3-3)
Front Squat (5-5-5-5-5-1-1-1)
Deadlift (up to a 5, 3, or 1) OR Power Cleans/Clean Pulls (I'll alternate weekly)
Incline D-Bells (4 sets, 12-20 range for big tits)

Monday:

Power Snatch (reps will vary as I am not 'training' these and they are more to recover from Sunday's pulling onslaught)

Snatch Pull (4-5 sets of 3)
Decline Situps (3 sets)
Calf Raises (3 sets)

Tuesday:

Flat Bench (5x5 add weight each set)
Pendlay Row (5x5 add weight each set)
Weighted Dips (3 sets, heavy and hard)
Front Squat (5x5, straight weight, roughly 85% of my best 5)

Wednesday:

Off

Thursday:

Close-Grip Bench (5x5 straight weight)
Back Squat (5x5 straight, followed by a few heavier singles if I feel fast/strong)
Strict Overhead Press (5x5 add weight each set)
Jump Shrug (6x5....I know many like high reps, but I prefer the low reppers, lower reps = more weight, which = bigger traps, which always = good)

Friday:

Random gay day....chins (which are heterosexual) .....biceps and calves (which are NOT heterosexual)

Saturday:

Watch college football and try to eat 10,000 cals to prepare for Sunday's onslaught

G'luck biggt.

If you do power cleans, then I would not worry about going over 80% on the power snatches. It's only if you go nutty with the deadlifts, then scale back the snatches. Agree?

A schedule built around NCAA games...nice. ;)

Random question: do you do any stretching, or do the frequent workouts (and the fact that you've been doing these lifts since your early teens) make flexibility a non-issue?

super_rice said:
G'luck biggt.

If you do power cleans, then I would not worry about going over 80% on the power snatches. It's only if you go nutty with the deadlifts, then scale back the snatches. Agree?

Yeah, I agree 100%, and thats the plan, I don't plan on getting anywhere near PR territory on the snatches tomorrow.....actually, if I even TRIED to push the snatches tomorrow, I'd probably miss everything over 80%-ish anyway, lol.....but they day after cleans, I should feel crisper, so I'll just relax and hit what I hit on the snatches and it should be harmless enough.

Shadow.....Guiness is one of those acquired tastes, lol.

CS....I don't do any stretching whatsoever, lol, I am not saying that is necessarily a good thing, but like you said, I started lifting like this as a 150lb 13 year old, and the flexibility was always just a non-issue on everything because the size gain is gradual and happens AS you keep training, even as I got bigger, I never lost any flexibility and never had any need to stretch......in high school during the president's physical fitness challenges when we'd do the V-Sit to measure flexibility, I was a freak, lol, I'd give most of the girls a run for their money.

Here is today's workout (Sun 9/10/06)

Behind the neck push press: 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 245x5, 275x3, 275x3

Front Squat: 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 335x5, 355x1, 370x1, 385x1 (the 335x5 was by far the toughest and I thought I'd black out, the singles weren't bad at all)

Deadlift: 225x5, 315x5, 405x5, 495x5, 585x3 (pr for 3 reps), 585x3 (again 3 rep PR) (the 1st set at 585 was a grinder, the guy I DLed with said my hips were sky high and I about straight legged them, the 2nd set I consciously started each rep hamstrings to calves and drove the legs and they popped off the floor and it was a fairly easy set)

Incline Dumbells: 95s x 15-15-12-13

Overall a great workout....on deadlifts, I worked in with a guy who was about 5'8" and he told he was 54 years old and 165lbs, he was impressive as hell and worked up to 495 for a double.....he told me he drank a 'fair amount' of Jameson's during Notre Dame's 'trouncing' of Penn St yesterday and that he always feels his best 'the day after a dance with fine Irish Whiskey'....lol, the guy was quite a character to say the least and a tough lifter too.....if I catch him again on a DL day, I'll definitely work with him.

lol... excellent title choice... still working on building those jacked innear pecs I see ;)

Guiness is a fine beer and goes excellent with some spicy food to cut the burn :)

Cheers on the 2 set DL PR bro :beer:

String Bean, I guess calves aren't all that gay, lol...well training only calves and then just wearing knee-length shorts to cover the thighs is gay....actually, wearing shorts that are shorter than knee length is even gayer than not training legs, and much gayer than gayer even than biceps blasting, lol

Al, it was a depressing Saturday for sure, lol.....Ohio St unfortunately looked sharp.....it is gonna be a long season looking at Tressel in those damn sweater vests, lol

Top Bottom