Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kickbackzz, Pec Deckzz, and Flyezz

Wed. 8/20/06

Power Snatch: lots of warm-ups and various overhead squats w/ 45, 135, 185.....then, the work sets......200x2, 205x2, 210x2, 215x2, 220x2, 225x1, 225x1

Front Squat: 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 310x5x5

Snatch Pull: 225x3, 275x3, 295x3, 305x3, 315x3, 325x3

Decent workout....I was dreading high volume front squats, but after the first 310 set, they were nice and smooth, plus I always dread front squats, so I never look into it much.

Weighed in at 254.....waist is at 36" (in the AM, measuring the waist in the PM while eating 6000-7000 cals a day is foolish imo), so I can't complain one bit, and I will keep piling in the calories for the time being.

BiggT said:
Wed. 8/20/06

Power Snatch: lots of warm-ups and various overhead squats w/ 45, 135, 185.....then, the work sets......200x2, 205x2, 210x2, 215x2, 220x2, 225x1, 225x1

Front Squat: 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 310x5x5

Snatch Pull: 225x3, 275x3, 295x3, 305x3, 315x3, 325x3

Decent workout....I was dreading high volume front squats, but after the first 310 set, they were nice and smooth, plus I always dread front squats, so I never look into it much.

Weighed in at 254.....waist is at 36", so I can't complain one bit, and I will keep piling in the calories for the time being.

any tips for staying hungry, biggt? do you do any exercise during the day aside from lifting to increase hunger?

also, what are your thoughts for o-lifting on gaining mass vs bodybuilding training? could the average bodybuilder benefit from o-lifts?

nice work on the fron squats bro! high volume on squats is prob the thing i dread most!!

keep eating! :RADAR

eager2learn said:
any tips for staying hungry, biggt? do you do any exercise during the day aside from lifting to increase hunger?

also, what are your thoughts for o-lifting on gaining mass vs bodybuilding training? could the average bodybuilder benefit from o-lifts?

I have a 9-5 job, so I don't do anything during the day...what I should do, is get up at 5 and hit the gym for a light circuit of o-lifts and complexes, as I think that is very beneficial for a million reasons.....but to answer your question, I just do my workout somewhere around 5 PM.

For appetite, it is just something to slowly build to, you can't go from 2500 cals to 7000 overnight.....as you build more muscle, the appetite increases too......also, on a more ''bodybuilding'' oriented board, people see 7000 cals and think "GAWD, that's a lot of boiled chicken and egg whites''....the thing is, while I am not a proponent of Dunkin' Doughnuts every day and eating Dorritos by the bag, I am also not a proponent of ''bodybuilding'' foods for anybody who is not on a ''precontest/cutting'' diet.....I eat whole eggs, butter and sour cream on my baked and sweet potatoes, LOTS of red meat, I eat my burgers on a bun, I get mayo on my sandwiches, I have no problem getting steak fries at dinner, I eat mashed potatoes, I don't think dairy is the devil, and I drink a gallon of milk a day, and this helps greatly.....so, by eating calorically dense, GOOD TASTING foods, it is easier for me to eat loads of calories than it is for the guy trying to choke back puke as he crams down 72 egg whites a day.

I think what most people commonly think of as ''bodybuilding'' training is terrible for everything from hypertrophy to strength to function......for hypertrophy, imo, nothing can compare to squats, deadlifts, free-weight rowing, bench/incline/overhead pressing, and jump shrugs, AND eliminating useless crap from the routine so it can be more focused on getting good at those things.

I think olympic lifting can stimulate hypertrophy when done with enough weight (meaning you'd need to have experience with the lifts), it is especially good for guys (and girls) who finish their pulls at full extension with an explosive snap of the traps......I think, say, a guy who deadlifts 650lbs wouldn't get any hypertrophy from first learning how to power clean with 135....BUT, things he can immediately do with big loads like clean pulls and jump shrugs would serve very well.

I love the olympic lifts, and I always have......I cannot lie, hypertrophy is important to me, I do the olympic lifts and their variants because I have been doing them since I was a kid, I love them, and I always will.....I think in the iron game, Oly lifting is the ULTIMATE....if you can clean a barbell, you can do any exercise under the sun........However, I am inclined to think that the bulk of my hypertrophy comes from all the squatting, and the upper body pressing, as well as heavy jump shrugs and deadlifts....the oly lifting helps add frequency and workload though, I must say.

Mostly, for me, the olympic lifts are kind of a love/pride thing.....they're certainly not necessary for bodybuilders.....although I think jump shrugs should be mandatory for everyone, and ATF squatting for hypertrophy couldn't hurt the bodybuilder either.....also the mental toughness and mindset would help a BB, and most BB's (especially the ones trying to get big who are either natural or using more moderate drug doses) could stand to learn that all the iso fluff wouldn't be missed if they cut it out and concentrated on what counts.

That was long-winded......but I am very opinionated on the subject, and since you're 'eager2learn' lol, I thought I'd share.....plus it's my journal, so I'll post what I want, lol

BiggT said:
That was long-winded......but I am very opinionated on the subject, and since you're 'eager2learn' lol, I thought I'd share.....plus it's my journal, so I'll post what I want, lol

lol, thanks for that. it was informative; 'specially the part on the diet and getting in the calories.

in my gym we have two large seperate sections. one for the o-lifters, and one for the bodybuilders. i see young teens come through here and reguarly squat 300+ lbs and do jerks with 200 + lbs, then I see large bodybuilders in the other room having trouble doing a full olympic squat with just 135 pounds, so i can't help but wonder how effective bodybuilding training is. then again they might not be the best examples of effective bb'ing training, but i can't help but judge them.

i also notice a subtle difference in overall physique of the larger o-lifters vs the larger bodybuilders. i just can't put my finger on it though.

Top Bottom