Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kick Boxing for self defense????

xonic2xonic said:
Heh this is getting carried a bit far...

Yeah DUH me, I meant the ball, now I see what you guys are bitching about defying physics and all.

So still... what you are saying is that MA guys that use shins just kill them till the nerves are dead and fuk the bruises and cuts?

not all martial arts

some say kick with the ball of the foot, some with the shin. reasons cited are earlier in this thread i believe...but i can see why shins are seen as better....if you land a kick badly with te ball of the foot it will HURT! your foot is pretty damn fragile after all even with a shoe on

but they do condition them.....they dont kill the nerves really, they just de-sensitise them....my style does conditioning to arms but expects us to do shins ourselves

they do it by bashing them basically, but the theory is when/if the skin breaks, it heals back tougher and wont break so easily. its definately happened with my knuckles, you can feel the difference/extra toughness in skin in that reigon if my hand

when my knees heal up fully i wanna start that stuff. the opnly ting im moderately worrie about is blood clots forming ut i think this is unlikely in the young :)

Kwai-Chang Caine said:
A Wing Chun practicioner? You have to be kidding me?! Dude, I would tool most Wing Chun practicioners like it's my job. The fancy hollywood shit doesn't work in a real fight. Wing Chun may work against one punch Paul who throws John Wayne style haymakers, but it doesn't work against trained fighters who throw precise combinations of strikes.

You seriously need to get your ass into a mixed martial arts gym and soon. The sooner that you get your theories and pride smashed, the better you will be in the long run. Any kind of training that falls short of full contact is a joke. You can either know your shit works because you have tested it against others, or you can speculate.

If you think that I am full of hot air then start posting your sentiments on www.mixedmartialarts.com as well. Those brothers know what I'm talking about!
So you think Wing Chun is some of the fancy looking kung fu, right??? A wing chun practioner has to be faster than a Thai Boxer (although thats depends on the skills of the fighter) the record of punches is 12 per second by a wing chun practioner and the wong shun leung style of wing chun (also taught bruce lee) learns how to fight especially agains (thai/kick)boxers. It's faster than boxing, because of the straight punches/movements. Wing chun always attacked at the shortest way no round punches.
Many skillful thaiboxers came to our school and they were knocked down by an instructor of mine

vyper-strike said:

So you think Wing Chun is some of the fancy looking kung fu, right??? A wing chun practioner has to be faster than a Thai Boxer (although thats depends on the skills of the fighter) the record of punches is 12 per second by a wing chun practioner and the wong shun leung style of wing chun (also taught bruce lee) learns how to fight especially agains (thai/kick)boxers. It's faster than boxing, because of the straight punches/movements. Wing chun always attacked at the shortest way no round punches.
Many skillful thaiboxers came to our school and they were knocked down by an instructor of mine
]
HUGE bump on that!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by vyper-strike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am less apt to jump down the throats of other stylists than I used to be, your example doesn't say much. Just because your instructor knocked down a few lesser experienced and lesser skilled thaiboxers doesn't mean that he proved anything. Doing that against some local guys is one thing, doing that against Alex Gong is quite another. The outcome of your story has far more to do with a discrepency in talent, not the superiority of a style.

All This Talk of Violence. How about some damn Hugs.

You tool, this thread is 10 years old.

Reaching for the ban button, but forgot I'm not a Mod anymore lol.

Rgosit;

Kickboxing in itself is a very effective martial art. Im a 5th degree black in American Free Style Kickboxing, from the days of Jean Yves Cherault, Benny the Jet, Fred Lopez, Fast Feet Fontanez, etc. Mostly east coast kickboxers and streeet figthers who had to fight to eat n earn a living. If you want to learn jiu jit su, Sambo or mat work from wrestling, go for it. Just remember when it comes to a stret fight or bar fight you cant use dem techniques in a conflict. shock hit, shuffle n shift, move - reset, was my motto.

be good.

Cooltrouble

Rgosit;

Kickboxing in itself is a very effective martial art. Im a 5th degree black in American Free Style Kickboxing, from the days of Jean Yves Cherault, Benny the Jet, Fred Lopez, Fast Feet Fontanez, etc. Mostly east coast kickboxers and streeet figthers who had to fight to eat n earn a living. If you want to learn jiu jit su, Sambo or mat work from wrestling, go for it. Just remember when it comes to a stret fight or bar fight you cant use dem techniques in a conflict. shock hit, shuffle n shift, move - reset, was my motto.

be good.

Cooltrouble

In my opinion, kickboxing is much better for self defense then all other martial art sports.

Top Bottom