Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kettlebells?

Jim Ouini

Anyone tried these? Seems like you see them everywhere nowadays...mostly from Pavel but seems like a lot of the other big guys in the iron game use them too. I've always thought they were cool but too damn expensive for a non-adjustable dumbell.

So finally I sprung for some adjustables

I like the idea of swinging these things around like a madman ;) Seems like a lot of fun. I also want to learn how to do a 'pistol' and snatch with these things.

Anyway, I'd like to use these as part of a GPP type program to complement my other lifting.

I may have to buy one of KB books now to learn some moves. :)

the only other person I know of who uses kettlebells [and swears by them] is aussie/russian world champion boxer Kostya Zyu. My fav boxer of all time by the way

Jim Ouini said:
So finally I sprung for some adjustables

I like the idea of swinging these things around like a madman ;) Seems like a lot of fun. I also want to learn how to do a 'pistol' and snatch with these things.

Anyway, I'd like to use these as part of a GPP type program to complement my other lifting.

I may have to buy one of KB books now to learn some moves. :)

I got into Kbells because I wanted to train more OLY style and I didn't want to get the bar, bumper plates, and platform for my small home gym.

There are fairly complete set of video shorts www.kettlestack.com/kettlebell_intro.html
that show a lot of good technique if you slow them down and watch carefully.

Thanks! That's where I got them.

How are you liking them and how are you using them? Like I said I'm plan on using them for GPP to supplement what I do in the gym, although I know they can be used for strength and such.

Now I have to find an open field so I can do some mace swinging :p

Sweet. I got the kettlestacks today. I was suprised to get them so soon and I was pretty busy today doing some family things but I still found a chance to put a 20lb kb together. At first I had a little trouble figuring out how to put one together, but after reading the copius instructions on their website it was pretty easy.

Unfortunately I don't have room right now to try any moves. But I've just carrried them around the house a little and I really like the feel. Definitely different than just a dumbell with the weight directly below your hands.

We may be going to the beach this weekend so I'm going to bring my sled and the kb's and mess around :)

Indeed. If I saw some guy swinging a 20-30lb kb around and muttering things like 'whoa I didn't expect that to happen' I think I'd find another spot.

On a related note, I was dragging my sled at a park last weekend and some soccer players were arriving for their sunday romp. I was pulling it backwards, kind of jogging with it actually, and they all stopped and stared. My brother later told me that one of the guys said 'that guy's crazy'.

Damn soccer players, learn how to play real football ;)

Top Bottom