Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kettlebell training?

TheOak84

im switching to this type of training for a while, im very interested in it. ive been doing some movements with dumbbells, until i get my own set of kettlebells. Im getting ranges from 20-80 pounds, i think that will be good for now, ill use the heavier weights for rows, squats and presses, and master the form of the snatches, jerks, cleans, and all those killer exercises with the lighter ones.

Ive learned dozens of exercises so far, i have a few books, and ive seen a lot of vids on youtube, i also ordered the spartan 300 work out with steve maxwell.

im hoping to gains lots of strength/power/speed, build up cardiovascular endurance, and gain some killer back/delt/trap size.

has anyone done extensive routines? how long, and what kind of results. i cant wait!

I'm not a huge fan of KB's. They have their place in training but in my training it's just a small space.

Good luck with it bro. You sound excited and that should help you get the results you want.

Just wondering but what are the advantages/disadvantages or training with kettlebells over barbells/dumbells?

ExtraMile said:
So why doesn't everyone use them? Their must be disadantages?
not really... i mean, sprinting is awesome, but not everyone does it. Can they afford to? sure, maybe they just dont want to run. Most people want to bench and curl alot, and they think they only way to gain on that is to, bench and curl...

Im going to combine kettlebell training with my powerlifting, as an aerobic benefit, and as a power/speed benefit.

TheOak84 said:
not really... i mean, sprinting is awesome, but not everyone does it. Can they afford to? sure, maybe they just dont want to run. Most people want to bench and curl alot, and they think they only way to gain on that is to, bench and curl...

Im going to combine kettlebell training with my powerlifting, as an aerobic benefit, and as a power/speed benefit.

wow.. your getting me interested..

so basically using kettlebells just makes u more powerfull? does that mean their not as good for muscle growth?

ExtraMile said:
wow.. your getting me interested..

so basically using kettlebells just makes u more powerfull? does that mean their not as good for muscle growth?
it depends on how you do it. if you want to train for power, go ahead...

if you want to get more lean and a total body cardiovascular workout, you combine exercises to target whichever muscle group u want to train.

they suggest 30-45 min workouts

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=kettlebell+exercises&search_type=&aq=f

im going to master each exercise in a single fashion, then, combine them in a custom workout to suit my needs.

its almost like a form of strong man training... there is soo much you can do with a metal ball and a handle...

I use them for swings, snatches, cleans, jerks, turkish get-ups...

help me out oak... what else can we do with them?

Top Bottom