Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

KettleBell Training

Don't have a kettlebell, but I have used a DB for two and one-arm swings as part of circuit-type training.

I think they could be very useful in terms of improving GPP.

im not up on this type of training.......... due explain please????

X

Well, IronLion, you know what kind of stuff I have been doing with them, cause we have trained together with them. I have been doing various versions of the stuff we did together all winter and I swear it has been responsible in large part for like the last hundred or so lbs I have put on my squat, and maybe the last 40 or 50 lbs I have put on my deadlift.

I am bumping this one up tho to see what other kinds of things people have been doing. Kettlebells and Indian Clubs are the shizzy, tho aren't they?

B.

cool.......... but, not just results, what is it????

X

You can see what they look like at dragondoor.com

they look like a hershey's kiss with a big thick handle on the top of it.

It is hard to explain what we do with them. You kind of just have to see it. look up kettle bells and pavel tsatsouline on google and you will probably find all kinds of stuff on them.

the Indian Clubs are aluminum bats filled with lead. they weigh 8 to 12 lbs apiece and are much harder to handle than you might think. make you strong in arms, hands, shoulders, whole body.

One exercise I like a lot, is to take two kettle bells, one in each hand, and do a full olympic squat, then while at the bottom of the squat, do a military press with the bells to full overhead extension, then stand erect. 3 or 4 sets of 5 to 10 reps of these are so brutally difficult, you could not imagine it till you do it.

Another thing we do a lot of is swings. Grab the bell with both hands, take a very wide stance, like you are squatting super wide, then swing the bell between your legs and raise it up in front of you, then let the centrifugal force of the bell pull your upper body down through your legs. This is a great low back, hips, glutes, hamstring exercise.

Another thing I like to do is to curl the kettlebell up, then press it over head, like the old Arnold press.

Basically, take the kettle bells, and do anything that feels weird and unnatural and you are probably on the right path.

B.

The thing I have noticed most, and I have only used them for 4 workouts, is that they require a ton of stability strength, grip, and core strength which is why they are supposed to be good for developing athletic movement.

Top Bottom