Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Keep hurting my rear delt/upper back when trying to workout again

wolfdogg

The last 3 comebacks I've made have all ended within the first month, with the same injury. My upper back.. right about where my rear delt meets my back, just pops.. OR... it's actually up in my neck. Sometimes, it is such a small pop that I question if it really was THAT happening again.. but I've learned to stop .. and within a couple hours.. I'm in agony.
About 10 years ago, this injury would happen from time to time, but I was really into power lifting and I was usually sacrificing form to thrust up some 100 lb dumbbells on military press.. or something like that. NOW.. I'm going as easy as I can.. doing less than half the weight I used to.. doing high reps and focusing on maintaining perfect form.. and not even going to failure.. and it still happens! It's happened on military, upright rows, and even curls and bench! I'm getting ready to start back again.. and this is my biggest concern. Is there something wrong with my muscles from when I used to workout years ago? Is there anything I can do to help the problem?
Thanks!

Sounds like it could be a Rotator Cuff injury and that will, for the most part, never heal without serious intervention.

I was playing football one day, durin conditioning we did up-downs, and now around my upper left back area hurts, this happened 6 months ago, but now when I do weightlifting exercises such as cleans, and squats, the pain comes back and stays for a week before disappearing again. And when the pain is there it is difficult to do much. Today we were doing sprints and I came in last on every one of them because I couldn't run and pump my left arm due to the extreme pain in my upper leftback area. Anyone know anything about how to solvethis?

Possible rotator cuff injury. The problem with a lot of people is they train their chest, upper chest, front delts...etc. The issue is the front and side delts along with the chest...they get so strong that they pull on the rear delts and give that slumped shoulder appearance and also lead to shoulder instability. I would concentrate for a while on external/internal rotator exercises. I would also concentrate on face pulls, shrugs and cleans with dumbells, rear delt raises.....anything that can strengthen the rear delts as well as external rotators.

Top Bottom