Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

kai greene does bicep curls x20 reps_

Steve Hiuye

bros i was always taught that you needed low reps for big muscles, but a training vid on youtube shows Kai doing 20 reps for bicep curls

Low reps (8 or less) is better for strength. Medium is better for muscle. High (12+) for endurance. That said you can get a amazing pump from a 20-rep set now and again.

Finally, Kai doing a 20-rep set on video doesn't mean all and everyone should do 20-reps. Heck, it doesn't even mean that Kai does it all the time. I was up a mountain at the weekend - doesn't mean I'm up one every day.

First of all - this could be a round-up set where he just tried to pump up the hands as much as possible. Then again, you don't know about his entire training routine, so this set is taken out of the overall context.

In any case, you need to do what you need to, and what works for you - not for Kai Greene, because you are not Kai Greene.

I generally train in the 8-12 rep range but it is always a good idea to switch things up. When I train arms with high reps I get the most ridiculous pump.

You have 3 different muscle fibres in each muscle group.

Slow twitch, fast twitch type a and fast twitch type b.

It's always best to train through a variety of different rep ranges so you can train each muscle fibre effectively.

The majority of your training should be in the 6-12 rep range but I always recommend adding in some 20+ rep burn out sets to train the slow twitch muscle fibres.

Top Bottom