Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just negatives on Curls?

alptraum

Today was arm day and for one reason or another I decided for my dumbbell curls to do three sets of just the negative part of them. I seemed to get a much better pump than usual from doing this, I was able to go heavier than if I was doing fulls curls, plus when I was done my arms were in alot more pain than usual. Since I figured 2 negatives would equal one "curl", I was able to do 12 each set, which I figured would be equivelent to 6 curls. Anybody know if just doing the negative part of curls long term could promote good muscle growth?

Negatives are good for activating hypertrophy.........by the sounds of it.......thats what you want.

Try lowering the weight for 3 seconds pausing for one then blast it up with good form.
in my eyes thats the best

3 second lowering for hypertrophy (add more seconds to really burn)
1 second pause (plus the 3 lowering) takes away the stretch shortening cycle......letting you blast up a weight that will seem heavier (because it is.....your not "cheating the weight up")

Top Bottom