x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Just negatives on Curls?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Just negatives on Curls? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Today was arm day and for one reason or another I decided for my dumbbell curls to do three sets of just the negative part of them. I seemed to get a much better pump than usual from doing this, I was able to go heavier than if I was doing fulls curls, plus when I was done my arms were in alot more pain than usual. Since I figured 2 negatives would equal one "curl", I was able to do 12 each set, which I figured would be equivelent to 6 curls. Anybody know if just doing the negative part of

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Good Broly
    Today was arm day and for one reason or another I decided for my dumbbell curls to do three sets of just the negative part of them. I seemed to get a much better pump than usual from doing this, I was able to go heavier than if I was doing fulls curls, plus when I was done my arms were in alot more pain than usual. Since I figured 2 negatives would equal one "curl", I was able to do 12 each set, which I figured would be equivelent to 6 curls. Anybody know if just doing the negative part of curls long term could promote good muscle growth?

Negatives are good for activating hypertrophy.........by the sounds of it.......thats what you want.

Try lowering the weight for 3 seconds pausing for one then blast it up with good form.
    in my eyes thats the best

3 second lowering for hypertrophy (add more seconds to really burn)
    1 second pause (plus the 3 lowering) takes away the stretch shortening cycle......letting you blast up a weight that will seem heavier (because it is.....your not "cheating the weight up")