Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just had a baby; Now its time to KILL IT IN THE GYM and get bigger arms

the.gladiator1987

Platinum
Gonna be doing a new routine due to my time and schedule. Still focusing on strength with some additional size in my back and arms. Gonna go with a 4 day split. Sun - Wed and Thursday will be my cardio which is trampoline dodgeball ;)

I always switch my shit up because I cant stick to one thing and I always have these great ideas, maybe I have OCD or ADHD because I always research something I find out about, research the shit about it, make excel sheets and shit, and then completely abandon it. lol but now I have a baby so Im gonna use the KISS principle.

Sunday: Chest/Biceps
Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Shoulders
Wednesday: Back/Tri's
Thursday: Trampoline dodgeball (cardio)
Fri + Sat: OFF

Gonna keep my heavy lifts at 4x6 and 5x5. Squats, Deads, Bench, Military, Dips. I Want bigger arms and I realize I never isolate them. Its because by the time Im done doing heavy lifts I just dont have the energy to do them, and I feel like its a waste of time. But I need to just do them and be consistent.

What do you guys do for size as far as sets/reps? You go up in weight each set or keep the same weight for 3-4 sets of 8-12? Which is better 8 or 12 reps? Also would DC style stretching after the sets help? Ive never ever trained for size. Only things Im gonna do 8-12 reps is back and arms because I feel like those are my lagging body parts even with some good numbers in my lifts (365 bench, 180lbs + bw x 4 dips, 425x10 deadlifts)

For biceps I was thinking of bb curls, db hammer curls, and cable curls. Triceps I was thinking Skullcrushers, CGBP, 1-arm reverse grip pulldowns. And for back i was thinking lat pulldown, cable row, db row. after deads + pullups

feels great being a daddy! His name is David jr :) Gotta carry on the legacy haha

looks good to me... i think a good pump can be achieved by the 8th rep if your focus is good... i try to always add a little weight as i progress through sets...
now the trampoline dodgeball just sounds like fun... we have a giant trampoline in our backyard, i may have to start somthing up like that...

looks good to me... i think a good pump can be achieved by the 8th rep if your focus is good... i try to always add a little weight as i progress through sets...
now the trampoline dodgeball just sounds like fun... we have a giant trampoline in our backyard, i may have to start somthing up like that...

Yea 12 reps just is hard for me because I always focus on 5 reps heavy, so my body just has a bunch of fast twitch fibers im pretty sure and not enough slow twitch. So maybe do 8 reps but do them nice and slow and controlled?

trampoline dodgeball is hella fun bro. im about to start a a team up and do tournaments. even tho im not that good yet ive only been twice. There are trampolines on the sides too and you can do flips, etc. Its only 5 bucks for an hr. my bicep has been sore for 3 days cuz i didnt stretch and i immediately just went all out and tried to kill people lol. I play with spektor-aaa

Gladiator, I like to stay mainly in the 8 rep range but what I try to remember each week is to vary my routine. I think you have something going there with the sets of 12. Lower your weights and focus on controlled motions. I always think of an archer pulling the string back on a bow. Nice and steady. I would abandon what you usually do with the 5 heavy lifts and ram more blood into those muscles, shock them by adding reps. My guess is you'll see some gains and be sore after your first workout. Another trick I have recently learned is to switch up, so on a day you might train back and bi's (and in that order) train your bi's first then your back. Again just to throw a wrench in the works your body isn't expecting. Just my .02 bro. Good luck and major props on being a father. Good stuff.

Gladiator, I like to stay mainly in the 8 rep range but what I try to remember each week is to vary my routine. I think you have something going there with the sets of 12. Lower your weights and focus on controlled motions. I always think of an archer pulling the string back on a bow. Nice and steady. I would abandon what you usually do with the 5 heavy lifts and ram more blood into those muscles, shock them by adding reps. My guess is you'll see some gains and be sore after your first workout. Another trick I have recently learned is to switch up, so on a day you might train back and bi's (and in that order) train your bi's first then your back. Again just to throw a wrench in the works your body isn't expecting. Just my .02 bro. Good luck and major props on being a father. Good stuff.

Thanks bro. I will think of the archer analogy now haha.

problem with switching things up is I record all my workouts, and in order for me to progress its best for me to do things the same and to do each lift in the same order so I can truly see if I am progressing or not.

But if I do like you said, would you even bother writing your workouts down? Seems like it would be a waste of time since I would be all over the place, but you are right, maybe that is what my body needs. Some people dont give a shit about strength. I am on the other end, usually that is all I care about. not really anymore though.

Sweet deal that David Jr. is gonna be a beast lol! If you still care about strength I would think 8 rep sets of the same weight would be good but if you are all about size now 12 rep sets will probably skyrocket your size

with the large muscles I go heavier with less reps.

then later on in my workout I lessen the weight and really try to isolate the specific muscle I am working.

have you ever tried centuries? might be something for you to try. doing 10X10's... do that maybe once every month or two.

12 rep sets won't skyrocket your size. Sorting out your diet and eating like a bodybuilder will.

This is the third time you've made a thread asking about wanting to increase arm size... You got pretty much the same answers last time as you have now- increase volume on arm exercises while still hitting the usual lifts hard, do this while eating enough clean food to gain quality weight. Even I can remember the sort of answers people gave and I didn't even make the threads...

12 rep sets won't skyrocket your size. Sorting out your diet and eating like a bodybuilder will.

This is the third time you've made a thread asking about wanting to increase arm size... You got pretty much the same answers last time as you have now- increase volume on arm exercises while still hitting the usual lifts hard, do this while eating enough clean food to gain quality weight. Even I can remember the sort of answers people gave and I didn't even make the threads...

yeah but there's no way he won't see a large increase in size with some 12 rep sets over 5 rep sets. When your body is used to doing only low rep stuff suddenly adding isolation lifts and doing 12 reps sets will increase growth big time

Top Bottom