Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just got by bf measured...

76ers#3

Hey everybody! New to this sight, so please be kind. I was got my bf% measured using calipers, and it came out to 8%. Does anyone know how low your bf% can be without risking your health. I still want to build muscle as well. I'm 5'9", 155-160lbs, yet I want to be cut for the summer. Any suggestions?

Well, HS wrestlers are now not allowed to register for a weight class that would drop them under 8% BF. This rule was changed recently from 5% to discourage starvation and other eating problems.

Competition bodybuilders (those on AS, diuretics, and God knows what else) compete at about 4% BF.

I'd say, depending on genetics, 5% should be your absolute bottom goal if you're a non-competitor. It's not worth the health risks, imo.

Hope that helped.

Bruce Lee reached 2.2% in his peak, but then his low body fat was indirectly the reason for his death. Also read somewhere that 8yr old freak has a bf of around 1.5%? dont know if thats true, im 4.5%, but then i need to b for my weight catagory, has not done me anyharm, and im not on any particular diet, but i am a hardgainer.

------------------
"i said empty your mind. B formless shapless like water. U put water in a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water in a bottle it becomes the bottle. Now water can flow or it can crash ... b water my freind" - Bruce Lee

alls i have to say is......... 76ers#3 kicks fucking ass!!!!! last night the bastard had 45 points! nice name baby! do yo thing gurl!
that guy is my role model! my idol! my obsession!

speedy!

Top Bottom