Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just did my first HIT cardio session

JG1

Fuck was it hard....lol

I ran on the treadmill keeping my heart rate between 170-180BPM for 16 minutes. I was aiming for 20 minutes, but was feeling extremely fatigued.....must be in some bad cardiovascular shape :(.

I've been doing 30 minutes of low intensity(130BPM) cardio 6 days a week, but instead I'm going to try three 16-20 minute HIT sessions first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and three 30 minutes low intensity sessions postworkout.....wanna see how much of a difference the HIT cardio has on fat loss.

cool let me know- take note of any lean mass loss. I have always been of the theory that running will strip away mass from the legs. That's why I stick to walking at a low intensity for 30-45min. It would be nice to only do it for 20- so keep me posted.

SOLID

JG1 said:
Fuck was it hard....lol

I ran on the treadmill keeping my heart rate between 170-180BPM for 16 minutes. I was aiming for 20 minutes, but was feeling extremely fatigued.....must be in some bad cardiovascular shape :(.

I've been doing 30 minutes of low intensity(130BPM) cardio 6 days a week, but instead I'm going to try three 16-20 minute HIT sessions first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and three 30 minutes low intensity sessions postworkout.....wanna see how much of a difference the HIT cardio has on fat loss.

Congrats JG1 wasn't the pain beautiful though? What speed did you do your sprints on? I went for 20 minutes today.......1 minute sprints between 10-11 with 1 minute walking intervals at 4.5 and just loved the feeling when I got of the threadmill. :p

LOL, I'm ashamed to say the speed...but fuck it---6mph

I haven't ran in years, and damn was it hard, but afterwards it did feel good, in a painful way. My heart was still beating fast a few hours afterwards.
I was going to do the sprint/walk intervals, but said fuck it and decided to run straight threw instead.

BTW, I'm 5'8" 225lbs around 15% BF.

JG1 when I first started doing this type of cardio I could only do 4 sprints so I know exactly what you are talking about. I would rather do 20-25m of intense/challeging cardio than a boring 45-60m which I would probably stop 1/2 way through.

iceman11111 said:
I have tried it before, it's fun!

20min is way better than 45min!

Damn right and depending on your incline while doing a long jog/walk I burn of the same if not more calories doing sprints. :D

This shit works!!

I swear I feel like I lost about 2% BF in two weeks. I've been doing the HIT cardio for only 16 minutes, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, 3 days a week (off days), along with the lower intensity cardio postworkout.

Can definitely see a difference! Every session I increase the speed by 0.1mph, and by the time I'm done I feel like I'm going to pass out...LOL

Stomach is getting leaner by the day, can see those abs coming in finally!

JG1 said:
Fuck was it hard....lol

Hey bro, can you explain exactly what this is. I do HIT training when I lift but as far as cardio goes I just get on stationary bike and pedel hard for 30 minutes. I tried looking it up on a search but HIT has like a million search results because the word hit appears in so many postings. Thanks!

Basically it's a short session of high intensity cardio. Many have always used the low/moderate intensity cardio (around 130bpm) for longer durations, but the HIT cardio is a nice change and it's definitly working.

Top Bottom