Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just did less reps the last workout....

people need to understand that if they just keep it basic and do every movement with superior form, eat clean, results will kick ass

squat, bench, deadlift, rows, pulls/chins, dips, glutehams, mobility work, sprints, sleds, ropes,

with all due respect to you sir, how the hell do you include glutehams in a list with the rest of those lifts? lol

his training program isnt THAT terrible guys. 17 years old, 5'9, 150lbs this bro could be doing anything and it'll put muscle on his frame.
YES - he should be focusing on core lifts, but im more surprised that nobody even mentioned diet, or anything else for that matter.

OP - everyone has good and bad days in the gym. the guys here are right, you should be focusing on big lifts ie squats deads bench, military press, bb row, etc.

why is it that you didn't like the westside program?
what's your diet like? are you eating to perform? not sure how long youve been training but at 150lbs id wager that youre pretty new to the game. if this is the case, you can build strength easily without doing much of anything for a little bit, but if you're not eating to lift and resting right, etc. eventually your poor habits will catch up to you and that rapidly increasing "beginner strength" is going to just as rapidly plateau.

give us a little more info bro and someone will help you out. id really like to hear what you didnt like about westside.

with all due respect to you sir, how the hell do you include glutehams in a list with the rest of those lifts? lol

his training program isnt THAT terrible guys. 17 years old, 5'9, 150lbs this bro could be doing anything and it'll put muscle on his frame.
YES - he should be focusing on core lifts, but im more surprised that nobody even mentioned diet, or anything else for that matter.

OP - everyone has good and bad days in the gym. the guys here are right, you should be focusing on big lifts ie squats deads bench, military press, bb row, etc.

what's your diet like? are you eating to perform? not sure how long youve been training but at 150lbs id wager that youre pretty new to the game. if this is the case, you can build strength easily without doing much of anything for a little bit, but if you're not eating to lift and resting right, etc. eventually your poor habits will catch up to you and that rapidly increasing "beginner strength" is going to just as rapidly plateau.

give us a little more info bro and someone will help you out. id really like to hear what you didnt like about westside.

Thanks man, I realize I should be focusing on the big lifts, squat, deads, military press(which i have a question about ) and ect. Thanks for that.

I gotta admit that I dont have a planned diet, its pretty much what my mom feeds me, My family eats a lot of potatoes, rice(white) and lots of red meat. I always try to consume extra protein on the side, such as milk, Almonds ect.

I know that doesn't really show what I eat but its the best I can do, maybe I need to plan my diet?

My question about the military press is that.. now i know i might get flamed for this, but isnt db shoulder press basically the same thing? you just use less of your back because of the seat and the only thing I see with the standing mp is that maybe ur using your core? I have no idea but id like to know. thanks

ps. At 150 pounds its pretty obvious i dont have a huge frame, I've been researching info and I have led myself to believe I am a hardgainer (this might be better for another thread) but due to my small hands, small wrist size, i feel like genetically I just dont progress as fast as others. Should I adjust my workout because of this?

and FINALY (sorry for the long read) I was not a fan of westside due to the repetition day for the upper body, because it was said that you had to aim for a high amount of reps and max out with reps. But that means that you need a lighter weight, maybe its my ego getting ahead of me but thats basically why.

Last edited:

Why glute hams? Because the hamstrings are usually very under developed in majority of people. Especially the typical gym rat who does alot of cardio. Glute/ham activation is non-existent in most lifters. Not only will glute hams prevent injury they promote power. Neglecting the hamstrings is only increasing your chance of injury down the road.

Why glute hams? Because the hamstrings are usually very under developed in majority of people. Especially the typical gym rat who does alot of cardio. Glute/ham activation is non-existent in most lifters. Not only will glute hams prevent injury they promote power. Neglecting the hamstrings is only increasing your chance of injury down the road.

yes but if you're doing heavy squats and deadlifts (like you should be) i don't see any need to do auxiliary gluteham training.

Thanks man, I realize I should be focusing on the big lifts, squat, deads, military press(which i have a question about ) and ect. Thanks for that.

I gotta admit that I dont have a planned diet, its pretty much what my mom feeds me, My family eats a lot of potatoes, rice(white) and lots of red meat. I always try to consume extra protein on the side, such as milk, Almonds ect.

I know that doesn't really show what I eat but its the best I can do, maybe I need to plan my diet?

My question about the military press is that.. now i know i might get flamed for this, but isnt db shoulder press basically the same thing? you just use less of your back because of the seat and the only thing I see with the standing mp is that maybe ur using your core? I have no idea but id like to know. thanks

ps. At 150 pounds its pretty obvious i dont have a huge frame, I've been researching info and I have led myself to believe I am a hardgainer (this might be better for another thread) but due to my small hands, small wrist size, i feel like genetically I just dont progress as fast as others. Should I adjust my workout because of this?

and FINALY (sorry for the long read) I was not a fan of westside due to the repetition day for the upper body, because it was said that you had to aim for a high amount of reps and max out with reps. But that means that you need a lighter weight, maybe its my ego getting ahead of me but thats basically why.

hey dude, no sweat, there's no silly questions and i certainly won't flame you for asking and trying to increase your effectiveness in the gym.
your diet is definitely a glaring weak spot.

the pototoes will serve you well. rice, brown would be better but you do what you can with what you've got right. try to at least get some whey protein powder and down a shake or two every day. at the very least, try to keep track of your calories and keep some consistency. for you, id try to get in 3000 calories a day. try to work the meals your mom makes you around your workouts. after a workout, try to get some of those potatoes or rice in you, as well as some good quality protein.

if you need more diet help, you can PM me.

there are a few differences between standing barbell military press and db press. studies have shown that db press stimulates the traps where the military press has very little effect on the trap muscle. also yes, the military press is superior for strengthening the core.

i personally don't believe in hard gainer / easy gainer mumbo jumbo. work hard, eat LOTS, get lots of rest and lots of water, and you'll grow like a weed.

finally, i can understand why you don't like the high rep work. not many do. but, you really have to decide on what you want to do. do you want to be big and strong, or cut up? your diet/ training regimen will vastly differ depending on your goal.

always here to help bro

your still weak so start sl 5x5 untill you can squat 1.5 x your body weight n deadlift 2 x your body weight and all your other lifts will go up and in the process youll learn about liftin with good form and technique and also diet (the importance of this cannot be stressed enough) .tryin to learn about lifting without learning about diet/nutrition is like trying to knock one out with boxing gloves on !

Top Bottom