Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just a couple crazy stories, I'll add some more later because it's time to squat

S

slobberknocker

My mentor George loves telling stories of the old days, about the old school juicers. Kaz. Kuc. Rheinhoudt. He used to lift with one guy that would bite the bar if he missed an attempt. He has another story about a guy named Canute he trained with. The man was 6'3, 265, ripped. Threw the discus 260 feet or something. Ran the 100 in 10 flat. One day Canute walks into the gym. The bar is sitting on the ground, w/4 plates on each side. He just walks up to it, looks at it, picks it up and cleans it, puts it down, and walks away without saying anything.

His old mentor, Stillwell, was an animal. 6'2, 300 lbs. One time George had a girlfriend, and he missed a workout because he was on a date. Stillwell goes to his girlfriend's work and tells her to get lost "or else." Then he goes to George and says "if you ever miss another workout I'll kill you." Stillwell died on the platform. He was a diabetic, and went into some kind of seizure after a lift (which he made).

Please share if you have any crazy stories about lifting. Those are all I can remember right now.

well i was at the gym at school, and me and my friends are trying to see who can bench the most, just competition, as a joke i put like 520 on there, we go get a drink of water, he comes over from the excersive bike and we see him, lay under the bar, and bench it. Let me remind you high school students, 540 is a huge bench to us.

So Canute destroyed the world record for discus and, by the looks of it could beat the world record for 100........all at a bodyweight of 265 and ripped??

You know there is a reason why people cant do this nowadays.......

slobberknocker said:
My mentor George loves telling stories of the old days, about the old school juicers. Kaz. Kuc. Rheinhoudt. He used to lift with one guy that would bite the bar if he missed an attempt. He has another story about a guy named Canute he trained with. The man was 6'3, 265, ripped. Threw the discus 260 feet or something. Ran the 100 in 10 flat. One day Canute walks into the gym. The bar is sitting on the ground, w/4 plates on each side. He just walks up to it, looks at it, picks it up and cleans it, puts it down, and walks away without saying anything.

His old mentor, Stillwell, was an animal. 6'2, 300 lbs. One time George had a girlfriend, and he missed a workout because he was on a date. Stillwell goes to his girlfriend's work and tells her to get lost "or else." Then he goes to George and says "if you ever miss another workout I'll kill you." Stillwell died on the platform. He was a diabetic, and went into some kind of seizure after a lift (which he made).

Please share if you have any crazy stories about lifting. Those are all I can remember right now.

Re: Re: Just a couple crazy stories, I'll add some more later because it's time to squat

Imnotdutch said:
So Canute destroyed the world record for discus and, by the looks of it could beat the world record for 100........all at a bodyweight of 265 and ripped??

You know there is a reason why people cant do this nowadays.......

He won a bronze in the Olympics for discus, but had it taken away. I'll let you guess why. ;)

Top Bottom