Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jus Began Training....need help

Vision

I haven't trained in almost 2 years, and I never really did it right before. So anyhow I just started and Tuesday I did Chest/Shoulder, Wednesday Arms/Back, and Friday will be Legs/Abs.....my questions is, I have never really been too serious about training until now, and have had too many priorities to take care of. Im not sure if im overworking myself, or if Im doing the right amount. My chest and shoulder were pretty sore on Wednesday, and today (Thurs) My arms are killing along with my shoulder/chest, and a bit of my back. I only trained about an hour both times, and 3 sets of 10 reps. Did I overdo it, or the pain all the better for the gain ? Feels like Ive been playing shot for shot with Evander Holyfield ! This good or bad ? I dont mind it at all, I jus wanna know if its right for my condition ? BTW I am bulkin right now. Thanks for responses

Should I relax a bit, or keep up the pace ?

If you're not sure about how to train properly, find an online workout like MAX-OT (http://www.ast-ss.com) and follow it closely. They have a 12 week program and it will test your dedication to training. It will teach you a lot about how to train correctly, diet, implementing cardio, etc. and will take the guessing out of the equation.

Thanks for reply but......

I have already been through that whole site, and this is where I learned how to train, I am just solely asking about the pain in my muscles, if its normal, or does it mean I shouldn't be pushing so hard. I already have my diet, exercises, etc. set !

Well if you are following a sound program, you shouldn't be concerned with overtraining. Muscle pains are normal, particularly when you are just getting back into it. I would only be concerned with ligament/tendon/joint pain, or sharp or chronic muscle pain. Be sure to use proper form, stretch, drink alot of H20 and get your rest/sleep. Creatine/Glutamine are very good for muscle recovery, and be sure to get your post workout protein.

Just wait until the day after your leg workout.....:D

When you first start out, you will get muscle pain even with moderate excercise. If you have time off the same is true when you start back up. Training is a big shock to the system if it has not been done for a while and the body needs time to adapt to resistance training. Just keep at it and ignor the pain as long as it is deep muscular pain and nothing is snapped. It will get easier as your body starts getting stronger and back into the process of anabolism rather than catabolism.

Ease yourself into lifting heavier and don't try and jump up in weight too fast. This will only cause injuries due to bad form, but do increase the insensity gradually from week to week. Eventually you will still be sore but you will grow to enjoy this pain, knowing that you have hit a part hard and you are growing.

No pain no gain? Don't sweat it bro, especially jumping right back into it. You're gonna be sore as a motherfucker for a while, but as long as you eat and sleep right, your body will adjust and it won't be as sore for so long. Gradually you'll just feel fatigued and not so much in pain. Don't worry about overtraining too much, each bodypart once a week is standard, some bros work each twice a week.

Top Bottom