Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jump jump

estropes

I'm a short guy 5' 8.5" (half an inch counts)...but I've always been able to jump rather high for my height. Only thing I can't do that I've always wanted to be able to do is touch the rim of a b-ball hoop. I'm about 1/2 inch away, from touching it...what exercises would help you to be able to jump higher? Should I work my calf's more or quads. If anyone has any idea's I'd love to hear them.

Plyometrics will help, look for a good program including them. Im sure that Olympic lifts like Snatches and cleans(explosive training) would also help.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/schultz4.htm
there is a plyo program at the bottom of that page.

http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/plymo.htm
supposedly a very good plyometric site

also, there are shoes that are supposed to help increase calf size and increase your vertical jump. I dont have a link to them, and i dont know if they work or not, but those are the claims they are making.

Another theory i have heard, is jump squats. I think the name is self explanatory.. you jump at the top of your squat. Similar to some explosive training, dont know how safe it is and what not, but supposedly it works.

explosvie lifts and plyos..check those links..

im not into strength shoes or jumpsoles..or vertical shoes or whatever..i used strength shoes and saw zero results..

i trained explosivelly and used workouts from the book high powerd plyometrics, and doubled my vertical leap.

everything

i play at the top level of my age for basketball. i play on of the the top teams. im 5 9 and i can dunk.
you need to work from your mid section down. it involves your hole body. you need to be lean, and powerful.
what i do is plyometrics and lots and lots o abs and lower back.
but in the off season i m going to do explosive power weight training on my legs then do plys again.
plys im doin right now is

go down in a squat position as low as possible.
leap up and as far as you can.
and keep doin that wit out touching the ground with your hands

then i do cavle raise vary vary presice.

and i do leap ups
(between sitting and standing and leap to bout 8 inchs)
PS go get a slam magazine and get air alert thats what i started on in three weeks you will be touching.
or more
if you want i can give you it.
email me

Thriller

What is a slam magazine?

if it's emailable hook me up. [email protected] If you email it to me leave the subject blank...I have spam block enable and it blocks stuff with subject matter.

Thanks

slam is a basketball magazine.. it sold everywhere i see magazines sold..its a solid mag.. shows all the new sneakers that are comming out..and there r tons of advertisments for vertical leap enhancing programs shoes videos..whatever..

I also suggest dynamic training such as suggested by WSB. The bands have really helped me with my explosiveness.

B True

Top Bottom